Dental Insurance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HurricaneKatt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to get dental insurance asap. I was supposed to be able to get on my mom's but that didn't work out so now I'm looking for something else. I thought maybe someone here could point me to some of the better plans?

Members don't see this ad.

You mean you are looking for a dental plan that will cover all of your expenses and you can drop after the procedures have been completed. Right?

Since no one else is answering, I guess I will.

First, there is no such thing as good or better dental insurance. All insurance for dentistry sucks monkey balls. It's essentially a joke. If you have no problems and just need exams and cleanings, you will pay less out of pocket than paying for insurance, especially cause a lot of dentists will give you a cash payment discount. If on the other hand you think you'll need a lot of work, well, it still sucks.Almost all plans have an annual max of $1000 to $2000. At private practice prices, that's about 1-2 crowns or a crown and a few fillings and you'd still have to pay you copay, which is usually have 20-50% of the cost of treatment.

In other words, damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Delta is a decent insurance company, lots of dentist take it's PPO plans. Cigna also has a lot of providers. Check out their plans, they have a lot of options, but obviously the better thae plan, the more you pay up front.