dental law and ethics exam CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldragon4242

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
would the california dental practice act book be useful for the new exam structure? really can’t find any resources to study. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I used embrasure space and it helped me out a lot. Some old info on there, but they just updated it for 2022, so i think it's worth it.

Hi, I used embrasure space and it helped me out a lot. Some old info on there, but they just updated it for 2022, so i think it's worth it.
I read that permitted duties weren't on the new exam? Is that true? Or would you still recommend that I memorize the table of permitted duties?
Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had one question about permitted duties on the exam, so I wouldn’t spend much time trying to memorize the table or anything. Embrasure space has a good section about permitted duties.

Reactions: 1 user
I had one question about permitted duties on the exam, so I wouldn’t spend much time trying to memorize the table or anything. Embrasure space has a good section about permitted duties.
Thanks for the reply! I'm currently using embrasurespace, CDA dental practice act guide and cda code of ethics. Would you say knowing the information on here is enough?

Hello there! I need some help and professional advice.I have failed the exam last week didnt know that they have changed the questions.what should i read?Do i but the emrasure space?how long does it take to retake the exam(grace period)?I appreciate al your help !

I would buy embrasure space if you failed the first time, thats what I did and passed the second time. I failed the exam on a Saturday, signed up again the next Tuesday, and took the exam again that very next Friday. So less than a week turnaround.

Hello there! I need some help and professional advice.I have failed the exam last week didnt know that they have changed the questions.what should i read?Do i but the emrasure space?how long does it take to retake the exam(grace period)?I appreciate al your help !
Did you retake your exam? How does the process work? Do you have to apply with the board again or you can apply directly with PSI?

• Hmm
@vns_will
So I did not pass the exam either. I just called the CA board and they told me that i have to wait a couple of business days so that I can re-take it and sing up with PSI.

Hi, I just failed Ca Law and Ethics exam. The PSI center gave me a reexamination form to send to Ca Dental board. I mailed the form already to the board. Could you please help me to know how long should I expect to wait until I can retake the exam? I've heard that, after 5-7 business days, the scheduling to retake the test will be available on PSI without even receiving a note from the board? is that correct? Or should I wait for an approval note to be mailed to me from the board then I can sign in and retake the exam through PSI? Please let me know what should I do and how long it takes to retake the exam. Thank you so much.

Hi, I just failed Ca Law and Ethics exam. The PSI center gave me a reexamination form to send to Ca Dental board. I mailed the form already to the board. Could you please help me to know how long should I expect to wait until I can retake the exam? I've heard that, after 5-7 business days, the scheduling to retake the test will be available on PSI without even receiving a note from the board? is that correct? Or should I wait for an approval note to be mailed to me from the board then I can sign in and retake the exam through PSI? Please let me know what should I do and how long it takes to retake the exam. Thank you so much.
Hey so you're gonna have to sign up with the same number they gave you the first time you can do it after 3-5 business days. That's what I did and i reregistered

ATTN: IF YOU MISSED THE EXAM ( I missed bc I had food poisoning and was just marked absent from my exam )
*** CALL THE CALIFORNIA DENTAL BOARD - they will just approve you for retake and youll wait 3 days before it updates in the computer on PSI's side to allow you to go online and retake ****
I dont know why its so difficult to find information on this but here it is, the lady over the phone said its the same if you fail, just call them and same procedure. <3 good luck everyone