dental licence in USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Suhado

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a Pakistani citizen, completed my BDS in 2012. I want to know my routes to residency in USA? asin if I consider BDS degree then what requirements do I need to get a dental residency in USA and in which states shall I be able to practise? and if I go for DDS is it a good option?:confused:
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Suhado,

I am a dentist from Hong Kong and graduated in the same year as you are. As far as I know, for most of the states in US, you need to get enrolled in the Advance Standing Program (2-3 years in length usually) in dental schools before you pursue the license in US. However, the residency program might be another story as it is, to my understanding, a postgraduate training in US that leads to the specialty.

Hi Suhado,

I am a dentist from Hong Kong and graduated in the same year as you are. As far as I know, for most of the states in US, you need to get enrolled in the Advance Standing Program (2-3 years in length usually) in dental schools before you pursue the license in US. However, the residency program might be another story as it is, to my understanding, a postgraduate training in US that leads to the specialty.