dental licence in USA

Started by Suhado
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Suhado

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I am a Pakistani citizen, completed my BDS in 2012. I want to know my routes to residency in USA? asin if I consider BDS degree then what requirements do I need to get a dental residency in USA and in which states shall I be able to practise? and if I go for DDS is it a good option?😕
Thanks!
 
Hi Suhado,

I am a dentist from Hong Kong and graduated in the same year as you are. As far as I know, for most of the states in US, you need to get enrolled in the Advance Standing Program (2-3 years in length usually) in dental schools before you pursue the license in US. However, the residency program might be another story as it is, to my understanding, a postgraduate training in US that leads to the specialty.
 
Hi Suhado,

I am a dentist from Hong Kong and graduated in the same year as you are. As far as I know, for most of the states in US, you need to get enrolled in the Advance Standing Program (2-3 years in length usually) in dental schools before you pursue the license in US. However, the residency program might be another story as it is, to my understanding, a postgraduate training in US that leads to the specialty.