Dental Loupes for Glasses and Contact Lens Wearers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laughlovelife

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I like wearing my contacts, however during certain seasons or at times of overuse, my eyes get ultra sensitive and I usually have to back off from wearing them for a couple of days or weeks or so. I'm planning on buying loupes next semester and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for loupes that could accomodate people who want to wear either contacts or glasses. I saw some loupes with a built-in insert that can have your prescription on it and you can take them out if you decide to wear your contacts that day. Does any one have any suggestions about companies that do that? Or just any other loupes suggestions in general? Thaanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that the orascoptic Rudy Project revolution does that. Its a hybrid flip up - ttl loupe design that uses prescription inserts that you can take out if you don't need them

I'm in the exact same boat as you...I wear mostly glasses, but I like to wear contacts on occasion. I ended up getting Heine flip ups with a prescription insert. The insert just snaps on to the inside of the shields and is really easy to take in and out and takes about 2 seconds. I feel like my loupes are a bit heavier than some of my classmates even tho I got plastic lenses for the insert, but I like them a lot and they have served me well thus far. Hope that helps!!

Scotty

Members don't see this ad :)
I also have found that wearing contacts all day gets tiresome so I've pretty much switched to only glasses at school (esp with being in gross lab 3 days a week) so I just got prescription loupes. Whether I will want another pair of non prescription loupes later on remains to be seen but I am very happy I had my prescription put in them for now and I'm not tied to contacts on those days when my eyes are tired and I need to use them

check this one out.

sandygrendel.com

I have the loupes but not the inserts. I love the loupes. They are super lightweight.