Dental Loupes/Telescopes....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stomatologist

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on which loupes work best. Can you guys comment on your experiences with particular brands/models.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I've got a set of 2.5 magnification loupes with magnifiers that can flip up. I like the feature as I don't need to take them off all the time or look over the lenses while trying to talk to a patient. I know a lot of folks with design for vision that seem pretty nice. We have reps that come to the school and will let you try them out and fit you for your focal distance. This is a requirement for most loupes as the depth of field has such a narrow range, ie your eyes to the pt's tooth. I like mine, other people like theirs, I think you'll be happy with whatever you get. I might suggest you watch ebay as there are always people selling the different brands for about half what you would pay new.
Its something that you probably don't need right away, but they're nice to have when you're finishing up a prep and want the final look before getting it checked off. Everything is easier when its 2.5 time larger.

I suggest you go to dentaltown.com and read some of the loupe forums there. It goes on forever and anon about the different types. I am looking forward to my first pair. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got 2.5x that flip up, just like Sandman's. Once I learned how to use them, they've really been helpful. I'd say not so much with vision right now (although things are nicer at 2.5), but moreso with posture. They are set to have a certain focal point, so if I hunch over then everything goes blurry. Because of that I have to sit with my back in a much better position, so that's been a positive.

I spent way to much for loupes. I have used them 3 times. I hate them! I am one of those people who like to see the whole visual field, tongue lips cheeks eyes etc.... Orascoptic (SP?) are to me the best, which is why I got them, but I was displeased with loupes in general!!!!!

You do not need a loupe system in order to check our work.
You need a loupe system in order to operate constantly in a controlled manner and provide dental care you can be proud of.

Dental loupes are a question of comfort and weight - try this and have a look - you're welcome!:

tp720licht.gif

WebSite...

videns said:
You do not need a loupe system in order to check our work.
You need a loupe system in order to operate constantly in a controlled manner and provide dental care you can be proud of.

Dental loupes are a question of comfort and weight - try this and have a look - you're welcome!:

tp720licht.gif

WebSite...

No offense intended here, but you might get a more positive response if your website had been written by someone who actually speaks English. The language is horrible - some of it doesn't even make sense. It looks like you just cut and pasted the German into a web translator; yes, it's that bad. Just giving you a heads up. :)

Dr.SpongeBobDDS said:
No offense intended here, but you might get a more positive response if your website had been written by someone who actually speaks English. The language is horrible - some of it doesn't even make sense. It looks like you just cut and pasted the German into a web translator; yes, it's that bad. Just giving you a heads up. :)

Agreed. It was painful to read.

end i thot my anglish waz bad :laugh: :laugh:

Somethin' smells fishy... BABEL-fishy! (har-har.) :laugh:

I got the through the lens kind - not heavy at all. Love them. :love:

each person is different try out the different types and see what you like. I have 3 sets of loops. The 3.5X which I hardly use. 2.5X flip up with gargoyle frames, really clear field and comfortable (no metal frames) but the side shields keep breaking off, This one I use when cutting preps and my lab loupes which is a must for any lab tech they have a crown not ear loops. Very comfortable but give you hat hair.
try different types and see what suits you. they are great for posture more than anything else as you will soon find out.

Hello,

I know the problems of this English content - sorry :mad: The time is the problem...

The start page is updated now - any suggestions or mistakes?? :)