Dental Masters Programs that offer Summer Sessions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tridentist

Reaction score
I am currently looking into masters programs to boost my application. I am at a 3.2 non sci and 2.6 sci gpa. Is my best option to look into masters programs? If so, I would like to complete it so that I can matriculate the following year. If there is any insight anyone can provide I would greatly appreciate it.

I have looked into Rutgers Barry and Tulane as they all offer 1 year programs. My worry is the rigor that may come with it. If anyone has taken the program I would love some advice.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Mississippi College Medical Science Program. It preps you very well for dental school and you can start earning your degree in the Summer Sessions. Highly recommend. Make A's and kill your DAT and you've got a shot of getting in somewhere.

Side note: If you're worried about rigor... dental school is also rigorous so consider this good preparation.

Link to the Program App

Reactions: 1 users
Master Programs:
Dental:
Roseman: Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences (MBS)
guaranteed interview $25k (online or in-person)

BU: Master of Science in Oral Health Sciences | Graduate Medical Sciences
$69k - 90% get accepted into Dschool, take courses w/D1s

Colorado: Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) MHA Pathway to Dentistry Program
*Reserved DMD acceptance* - to late to apply :/

Dental & Medical:
LECOM: Masters of Medical Science Curriculum - Bradenton
$22k (online or in-person) - guaranteed interview

Midwestern (AZ): College of Graduate Studies, Glendale Campus
bridge program? $60k

Midwestern (IL): College of Graduate Studies, Downers Grove Campus
bridge program, $60k

NOVA: Master of Biomedical Sciences
$40k - used to be guaranteed acceptance, now guaranteed interview

Medicine & dental?? - set up a meeting and ask if you are interested, for sure medical though
Loma Linda: Biomedical Sciences — M.M.S. < Loma Linda University

Post-bacc:
**note most post-bacc you need to finance yourself, no/minimal student loans**

Temple: Postbaccalaureate Admissions
$45k

Marquette: BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES PRE-DENTAL POST-BACCALAUREATE PROGRAM (BMPD) // Biomedical Sciences // Marquette University
$35k - guaranteed interview

Creighton: Pre-Dental Post-Baccalaureate
Reserved seat for DMD

There are many more programs than this; these are just some of the programs that are well-known and linked to a dental school. If it were me, I would stay away from midwestern, BU, and the post-bacc programs (besides creighton) solely for how expensive they are. Do you really want to pay $70k for a Masters and then pay another $360k for your dental school tuition? That's not counting all of the other costs... (fees, living, etc.)

The main programs I would be interested in are LECOMs ($22k - Online) or Roseman ($25K), but I would do Roseman in-person. You would save a lot of money compared to the other programs.
Both dental schools are inexpensive compared to most -
LECOM $55k x 4 = $220k
Roseman
$90k x 3 = $270k (3-year program) - also the extra year of income

Roseman would be my top choice. Smaller program, they only have a dental school currently (adding med school in 2024) and so most people in the program will be pre-dental. Compared to LECOMs +100 class size that is mainly medical! Roseman is also switching to a 3-year dental school. The one larger issue I do have with Roseman MBS is their curriculum. They are a P/F school, and most people doing an MS want to increase their gpa. Additionally, their curriculum isn't as challenging as LECOMs program. It's fine if you only want Roseman for dental school, but for applying to other dental programs, other dental programs might like LECOMs curriculum more. That being said if you are doing a master's, you will most likely get accepted to the Dschool that you do the masters at (if you preform well). So I would still probably choose Roseman.

Whatever you do, I would start applying ASAP to any/all programs, and make sure you choose one that's linked to a dental school!
Also verify w/the programs, make sure it is a guaranteed interview or acceptance because that changes consistently.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently looking into masters programs to boost my application. I am at a 3.2 non sci and 2.6 sci gpa. Is my best option to look into masters programs? If so, I would like to complete it so that I can matriculate the following year. If there is any insight anyone can provide I would greatly appreciate it.

I have looked into Rutgers Barry and Tulane as they all offer 1 year programs. My worry is the rigor that may come with it. If anyone has taken the program I would love some advice.

Thanks.
Sorry I would have asked, what state are you from? NJ?