Dental Post Bacc Decisions Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Celtics34

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to Harvard Extension School to boost my GPA and didnt know what courses to take. This is what my transcript from Union College looks like:

Intro Bio: B- (pledging an effing fraternity didnt help)
Cellular Bio: B
Molecular Bio: C
Chem 1: B
Chem 2: C
Physics 1: C
Calc 1: B+
Calc 2: B+
Some other upper level Bio courses like cognitive neuroscience, cancer cell bio, evolutionary, aquatic biology I got between a C+ and B+

I was also an english minor.

SO--at Harvard Extension I plan on taking those three core courses I got a C in over again as well as Physics 2 and orgo 1 and 2. What else should I take for Dental school to see as well as to prepare me for the DAT? Developmental, immunology, biochemistry...etc??? HELP! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Your def going to want to take Biochemistry. Also if you know where you want to apply you can look on their website and they will list courses that the recommend taking.

I don't think it's a good idea to retake the same classes you've already taken. You should take classes like Human Pathophysiology, Neuroscience, Neuro-degenerative Diseases, Microbiology, Immunology, Genetics, Human Physiology, and such. They don't help you for the DAT, but you need to prove you can get all A's in the harder upper div classes that more resemble D-school classes.

I took those courses even though I got all C's on my core science classes and had left my undergrad with a 2.75 Science GPA. Now I have a few acceptance offers. Also, get to know the profs in those classes. They're awesome!

looks a lot like grades i got in undergrad. Retake the C's, but definitely not the B's. Also take upper div classes that you can at least get a B+ in. At this point, you can't afford any more C's or even B's. A's or bust basically. Good luck