Sammy1994

2+ Year Member
May 14, 2015
Hello everyone. So I am applying this cycle for dental school, I submitted my application in june, and I have completed all of my secondaries. I was scheduled to take my DAT end of august, but I ended up moving it to September because I did not feel ready. I have it schedule for the week of the 20th. My stats are as follows:
GPA: 3.48 (overall)
Science gpa 3.4
non-science: 3.7
Extracurricular:
-Dental Assistant for one year
-Tons of Shadowing hours- shadowed two dentists
-Research for one year
-Tons of Volunteering Experience

Do I still have a good chance for getting in this cycle? I have previously heard of people taking their Dat in october and still got it, but I also know it's mostly case by case. I'm really nervous for my DAT!

OP
S

Sammy1994

2+ Year Member
May 14, 2015
I've taken tons of upper level Biology Courses, and had a upward trend in my grades as well

ncide

2+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2015
Status
Dental Student
So your application would be complete at the end of October if you took your test on the 20th of September? You may snag a few interviews that late in the cycle but... that's late. Worth a shot I suppose. I'd recommend an earlier application if you have to go through another application year.

OP
S

Sammy1994

2+ Year Member
May 14, 2015
Yeah! But some schools said to fax in my unofficial score to them so they can review my application earlier

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

OP
S

Sammy1994

2+ Year Member
May 14, 2015
So your application would be complete at the end of October if you took your test on the 20th of September? You may snag a few interviews that late in the cycle but... that's late. Worth a shot but I'd recommend an earlier application if you have to go through another application year.
Some schools said I could send in a pic my unofficial score report so they can review my app sooner

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile