Dental school in Hawaii?

Started by OzDDS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OzDDS

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hawaii College of Dental Medicine

What ever happend to that? Was it a big sham or what? Anyone heard anything else about it?
 
Anyone know anything new about it? Or is it dead now.
I hope someday U of H opens a dental school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had run into Dr. Rawson last year on campus and he mentioned that it was now off the table for the dental school. I read that it fell through because of the mess going on with their pharmacy school. Does Hawaii really need a dental school? Not sure.
 
Does Hawaii really need a dental school? Not sure.

I doubt it. I think they have too many gen dentists there anyways. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to attend dental school there for 4 years. 🙂 Which is why it was such a marketable idea to create a private school there. But I guess they couldn't get everything in order to actually get accredited. oh well. Life goes on.