Dental school interview and chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LukeD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello Ya'll.
i wish the best of luck to you all who wish to be the class of 2020 for any dental school.
I am just worried so I wanted to get some feedback.
I got an interview invitation from BU super early, like 8/6/15 this year and I still applied to 11 other shools. I am an international student, graduating from NEU, combined biology and mathematics major, research background and potential publication this year in permutation polynomial discovery. Anyway, my stat is 3.7 science and overall gpa and DAT is 20 for every section AA, TS, and PAT 21.

So I am worried about chances of getting interviews from other schools. I know BU is great but I would like to keep my options open. So I am still waiting for other interview invitations. Should I be worried? It is too early in the application cycle to worry? If BU wants to have interview, what does that mean for other schools?

Please help me!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hello Ya'll.
i wish the best of luck to you all who wish to be the class of 2020 for any dental school.
I am just worried so I wanted to get some feedback.
I got an interview invitation from BU super early, like 8/6/15 this year and I still applied to 11 other shools. I am an international student, graduating from NEU, combined biology and mathematics major, research background and potential publication this year in permutation polynomial discovery. Anyway, my stat is 3.7 science and overall gpa and DAT is 20 for every section AA, TS, and PAT 21.

So I am worried about chances of getting interviews from other schools. I know BU is great but I would like to keep my options open. So I am still waiting for other interview invitations. Should I be worried? It is too early in the application cycle to worry? If BU wants to have interview, what does that mean for other schools?

Please help me!

An interview in no way shape or form guarantees a spot. You aren't committing to attending the school by going to an interview. Your options will be open when you complete your interview at BU. Other schools may just be slacking when it comes to review apps and sending out invites.

An interview in no way shape or form guarantees a spot. You aren't committing to attending the school by going to an interview. Your options will be open when you complete your interview at BU. Other schools may just be slacking when it comes to review apps and sending out invites.
Okay! Thank you for the insight!

Members don't see this ad :)
But dude, i have exacty the same stats and also got an invitation from BU and I am super worried right now...
If people who have later AADSAS mailed out dates have invitations, then does it mean that my application was already denied?

Ugh...

But dude, i have exacty the same stats and also got an invitation from BU and I am super worried right now...
If people who have later AADSAS mailed out dates have invitations, then does it mean that my application was already denied?

Ugh...

IT'S AUGUST. INTERVIEWS RUN FROM SEPTEMBER TO FEBRUARY/MARCH FOR MOST SCHOOLS.

Ugh...
Broski. I totally related. Ugh... I cannot even