Dental School Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wazzu

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To Anyone who's been through this:
I have a dental school interview coming up and it is an all day interview. What should
I expect and does anyone have any tips on
the subtler things like how I should behave
during the non-interview portions of the day
as well as any hints on possible questions I
may run into?
My interview is Jan.8 so I would really
appreciate a quick response!!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Wazzu:
To Anyone who's been through this:
I have a dental school interview coming up and it is an all day interview. What should
I expect and does anyone have any tips on
the subtler things like how I should behave
during the non-interview portions of the day
as well as any hints on possible questions I
may run into?
My interview is Jan.8 so I would really
appreciate a quick response!!

Originally posted by Library:

I hope your interview went well. My son is going this February for his interview. Any suggestions for him. Did they ask any specific questions. Any help would be appreciated.

I do not mean to be disrespectful, but this is something your son, not a parent, should be asking for himself. If he is mature enough to begin a professional education, then it is time for a parent to stand back and let him do this for himself. Unless, of course, there is some compelling reason why he cannot.
Sometimes, a parent even accompanies a son or daughter to an interview. If they do, they should say goodby before entering the building. It makes a bad impresssion to accompany him/her to the admissions office.
If your son wants to know what the interview experience at a particular dental school is like:
If it is not nearby, he should arrive the morning of the day before the interview, go to the dental school, find dental students to ask all the questions he can think of about the school itself as well as what the interview there is like.
If it is nearby, the same town or city or a short ride away, he can do the above anytime before the day of the interview itself.

I am a parent myself, so I understand the feeling.

My best wishes for your son.