Dental school rankings?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Macko8144

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Predents.com does a great job of ranking schools as far as incoming GPA, DAT, etc., but are there any other third-party sites that rank schools for other criteria such as quality of education? What about students' scores on the board exams? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

yup, there is an amazing site that everyone knows about but you might have trouble getting through..traffic is pretty high

www.dentalrankings.com

if you wait til around 3am, you should be able to access the site. Good luck.

Audio said:
yup, there is an amazing site that everyone knows about but you might have trouble getting through..traffic is pretty high

www.dentalrankings.com

if you wait til around 3am, you should be able to access the site. Good luck.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
It's a wonder that anybody takes anything on SDN seriously

To the OP, there is no ranking. But you're only allowed to know that if you promise to make the next person who asks about rankings on here aware of this fact. Don't worry, you won't have to wait long.

Mack

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, here it is: Buffalo >> every other school

:rolleyes:

I'mFillingFine said:

:rolleyes:

Finally someone decided to step up and tell it like it is.

I'mFillingFine said:
buffalo is a great school in a sh*tty climate
while you're digging your car out of snow, i'll be on the beach

sorry, i had to step up and tell it like it is :laugh:

syn_apse said:

Oh hey, that's cool that you'll be on the beach and stuff. Sounds fun. Yeah, like I'll be....oh right, actually attending dental school and excelling towards my goals and dreams.

:D :D :D :laugh:

Actually, I do love the snow so it doesn't bother me a bit! *crunch crunch crunch*

So will we...except we'll be doing it while we're on the beach.

;)

syn_apse said:

sorry, i had to step up and tell it like it is :laugh:

Everytime I tell someone that I am moving to Buffalo, they wince as if they just stepped on a peice of broken glass. I hate how everyone thinks the weather is so ****y there. It isn't actually that bad. Around 80-100 inches of snow in a winter (a real man's winter) in Buffalo proper and much, much more in the snowbelt south of town. Syracuse gets more snow, but there is no stigma about the weather for them. The summers are actually the driest and sunniest out of any city in the entire northeast! There's great fishing, boating, skiing (decent, not great, I live in Colorado), tons of vineyards and wineries along lake erie, close to Canada eh, and most of all in my mind is the low cost of living and attendance at UB. I'll be pimpin on my boat in a few years instead of paying double in student loans like most. Snow doesn't sound so bad now does it?

http://www.buffaloresearch.com/snow.html

nuff said

oldboy said:
Everytime I tell someone that I am moving to Buffalo, they wince as if they just stepped on a peice of broken glass. I hate how everyone thinks the weather is so ****y there.

This is very true. I grew up right outside of Boston and then moved to Buffalo for school. After 2 winters here, I can honestly say I've observed no difference in the winters here in Buffalo vs. the winters in my 20+ years outside of Boston. In fact, from what I've heard, this past winter in Boston was worse than Buffalo.

The snow and climate in Buffalo are a big change if you grew up in Dallas, Atlanta, or LA, but if you're from a snowy climate, it's no big change.

I'm from mass and went to undergrad in upstate. Now I'm in florida and hate it. Miss my seasons. This was the first winter of my life without seeing snow and I really missed it. I'm hoping to move back up north soon.
mack

Mackchops said:
I'm from mass and went to undergrad in upstate. Now I'm in florida and hate it. Miss my seasons. This was the first winter of my life without seeing snow and I really missed it. I'm hoping to move back up north soon.
mack

I definitely know what you mean. I'd be miserable without seasons, first of all because they make the year go by faster, and also because I really love different aspects of each season. I grew up in the Berkshire hills of Massachusetts, so I can definitely deal with snow, and I'd much rather have a few inches here and there then constant, dreary rain, or extreme heat (I get really sick if I overheat). Bring it on!!!! Also, I"m buying Sorel boots and it'll help clear my mind every morning to trudge through a winter wonderland :D

I'mFillingFine said:
I definitely know what you mean. I'd be miserable without seasons, first of all because they make the year go by faster, and also because I really love different aspects of each season. I grew up in the Berkshire hills of Massachusetts, so I can definitely deal with snow, and I'd much rather have a few inches here and there then constant, dreary rain, or extreme heat (I get really sick if I overheat). Bring it on!!!! Also, I"m buying Sorel boots and it'll help clear my mind every morning to trudge through a winter wonderland :D

Dude, it's not even close to awesome. When you ask someone down here if they've been skiing and they say "yes" you know they mean water-skiing. Lame. I miss my Blanford mountain and Berkshire East. Sigh. And don't even get me started about the red sox "fans" down here...

Good thing beantown has three dental schools to try for!

Mack