Dental service demand during the outbreak

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TanMan

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How's the patient flow in your office during these different times? I've been hearing opposite sides of the spectrum and wonder if dentists have felt the change in their office. Any contingency plans in case of a drop in patient flow? Fun times we live in these days, I was expecting a significant drop but instead have met with a massive surge in demand.

Members don't see this ad.

I was open until 7 friday. I had multiple cancellations this week. I assume it will go down as people put it on the back burner, but most people will need dental work done outside of cosmetic procedures so I hope it isn't too bad

Interestingly last month was one of my higher production months at Corp. Tax refunds vs. Virus affect. But I'm curious if the Corp will shut it down in response to the outbreak.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool, I think that those that stay open will take a lot of the business of those that decide to close. I already have pre-recorded ads that is set to trigger once production drops below a certain threshold (bad idea to set a dental service frenzy while schedules are full). I'm lucky that a majority of my clients are 18-54, they don't seem too afraid of this virus and have the common mindset that it's not gonna affect them.

Interestingly last month was one of my higher production months at Corp. Tax refunds vs. Virus affect. But I'm curious if the Corp will shut it down in response to the outbreak.
My next ortho day at the corp office will be on this coming Friday and it will be cancelled. My wife is scheduled to work at this same corp this Thursday but her day will not be cancelled. I guess this is because ortho has much higher patient volume in a day.

Earlier this evening, I instructed my manager to move 300+ patients for this week to next month. I will probably close all my 4 offices the entire next week as well. This will be my longest vacation ever since I graduated.

One of my tenants sent me a text this morning saying that her boss told her to stay home for the next 2 weeks....and hinting that she may not be able to pay the next month rent. She has never missed a rent payment in 6+ years. I feel really bad for people who are living paycheck to paycheck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Cool, I think that those that stay open will take a lot of the business of those that decide to close. I already have pre-recorded ads that is set to trigger once production drops below a certain threshold (bad idea to set a dental service frenzy while schedules are full). I'm lucky that a majority of my clients are 18-54, they don't seem too afraid of this virus and have the common mindset that it's not gonna affect them.

I guess the bigger issue is if the state boards, CDC decide that ALL dental offices should temporarily shut down.

If state boards shut down dental offices, how would that affect dentists that are paid daily on a contract?

If state boards shut down dental offices, how would that affect dentists that are paid daily on a contract?
A lot of dentists (myself included) work for corp offices as independent contractors. We won't get paid when the corp offices are closed. For owner dentists, they'll lose $$$ when they close their offices because they don't produce and still have to pay rent, staff salaries and other fixed expenses. Orthodontists continue to get monthly payment checks from patients' insurances but not much.....only about 20-25% of the total production...it's better than nothing.

This is why it's important to pay off debt as fast as you can and put aside 6-12 months' worth of living expenses. Dave Ramsey is right.

Reactions: 8 users
A lot of dentists (myself included) work for corp offices as independent contractors. We won't get paid when the corp offices are closed. For owner dentists, they'll lose $$$ when they close their offices because they don't produce and still have to pay rent, staff salaries and other fixed expenses. Orthodontists continue to get monthly payment checks from patients' insurances but not much.....only about 20-25% of the total production...it's better than nothing.

This is why it's important to pay off debt as fast as you can and put aside 6-12 months' worth of living expenses. Dave Ramsey is right.
What if a dentist is an employee for that Corp. and is temporarily laid off. Will that dentist receive any wage compensation?

What if a dentist is an employee for that Corp. and is temporarily laid off. Will that dentist receive any wage compensation?
Companies may choose to reimburse their employees for a week or 2 depending on how generous they are or if it is in their company protocol, but ultimately I believe this is where you file for unemployment, and collect unemployment checks until you start working again.

Companies may choose to reimburse their employees for a week or 2 depending on how generous they are or if it is in their company protocol, but ultimately I believe this is where you file for unemployment, and collect unemployment checks until you start working again.
My only issue is both the ADA as well as the my state dental society have strongly urged dental offices to **** down for the next 2 weeks and only open up for emergencies. I am closed and will reopen April 6. The risk with the amount of aerosols that we work with was to great for my staff as well as my patients. I can easily survive closing my office for 2 to 3 weeks, but I cant survive the bad publicity if a case was traced back to my office and I ignored both the ADA and the ISDA.

“Not going to affect them” and spreading the virus are two different things. Which is why multiple organizations are urging us to reduce care to emergencies. But people will always do what’s in their best interest.

My only issue is both the ADA as well as the my state dental society have strongly urged dental offices to **** down for the next 2 weeks and only open up for emergencies. I am closed and will reopen April 6. The risk with the amount of aerosols that we work with was to great for my staff as well as my patients. I can easily survive closing my office for 2 to 3 weeks, but I cant survive the bad publicity if a case was traced back to my office and I ignored both the ADA and the ISDA.

This is a slippery slope to bankruptcy. We can close 2-3 weeks, but what happens if closure becomes mandatory after that time period? Can we survive 6-10+ weeks of being closed? This is a huge dilemma that many small business owners face and it's quite fun to see dentists get roasted for staying open on FB.

“Not going to affect them” and spreading the virus are two different things. Which is why multiple organizations are urging us to reduce care to emergencies. But people will always do what’s in their best interest.

It's interesting to see people/patient's priorities in a time like this. I'd say that most young and healthy individuals don't care enough about the vulnerable to change their way of life. Especially when dentistry is soon to be rationed (with medicine already rationed).

Members don't see this ad :)
It's interesting to see people/patient's priorities in a time like this. I'd say that most young and healthy individuals don't care enough about the vulnerable to change their way of life. Especially when dentistry is soon to be rationed (with medicine already rationed).
Yea, if this continues to go on for several weeks I think a majority will start to feel that way. At what point to do we say, hey, if you are vulnerable to this it’s up to you quarantine yourself? Our economy can only handle so much. People who aren’t vulnerable or affected are making a lot of sacrifices to protect those who are. I may sound insensitive, but it’s true.

This country is going to self-destruct protecting the old people

It is a complicated issue. The authorities would prefer that ALL dental offices close down until ..... well ..... nobody knows. They are just trying to buy some time to figure this issue out. Economically many small dental practices cannot close down for an extended amount of time. Having been there myself with a private practice .... this has to be a very stressful economic time for those owner dentists.

Our Corp is still seeing patients. The dentists and staff have no say in this. We are doubling and tripling our infection protocols. Limiting all use of high speed handpieces, cavitrons, ultrasonics, etc. etc. to prevent the aerasol. Hygeinists are being asked to use hand instruments only for prophys. Mostly triaging patients and only doing what is necessary to aleviate pain. Ortho is a different story (no real pain, elective) .... but so far .... we are being asked to continue and again ....no high speed use. NO DEBANDS for the next 4-6 weeks. No one is happy. I was involved in a multi office conference call with my boss and point person on the virus . There was a heated discussion between our OMFS and another older Ortho who basically said that we should shut down. But to no avail .... I and everyone else are being asked to go to work today. Mask. Gloves. Dripping in hand santizer. No direct patient contact. No use of the high speed handpiece. No debonds. No one in the clinic area besides patients. Signs EVERYWHERE re: the virus. I may just hide in a corner.

Well. Orthodontists and Ortho staff at my Corp have been furloughed for the next 3-4 weeks. I saw it coming. It was the right thing to do. General dentists will remain to treat symptomatic patients. I'm actually excited to have some time off. Mrs. 2TH MVR not so excited to have me hanging around the house bugging her.

Reactions: 3 users
Yea, if this continues to go on for several weeks I think a majority will start to feel that way. At what point to do we say, hey, if you are vulnerable to this it’s up to you quarantine yourself? Our economy can only handle so much. People who aren’t vulnerable or affected are making a lot of sacrifices to protect those who are. I may sound insensitive, but it’s true.

I'm seeing it already. People are sick of the restrictions in my area and aren't so understanding about how this affects their daily lives.

Well. Orthodontists and Ortho staff at my Corp have been furloughed for the next 3-4 weeks. I saw it coming. It was the right thing to do. General dentists will remain to treat symptomatic patients. I'm actually excited to have some time off. Mrs. 2TH MVR not so excited to have me hanging around the house bugging her.

We've had to implement emergency advertising protocols today... 30% cancellations today, probably another 30% tomorrow until we get things back up to speed. I'm hoping inventory of advertising increases significantly and prices go down due to decreased demand, but that has yet to be seen with most major broadcast networks. Supply of dental care is starting to dry up here. Dental supplies are running out for some offices and dentistry will have to be rationed at some point if masks/PPE cannot be obtained.

I'm seeing it already. People are sick of the restrictions in my area and aren't so understanding about how this affects their daily lives.

We've had to implement emergency advertising protocols today... 30% cancellations today, probably another 30% tomorrow until we get things back up to speed. I'm hoping inventory of advertising increases significantly and prices go down due to decreased demand, but that has yet to be seen with most major broadcast networks. Supply of dental care is starting to dry up here. Dental supplies are running out for some offices and dentistry will have to be rationed at some point if masks/PPE cannot be obtained.

Yeah. Unbelievable situation. For all of you still working in the trenches ..... STAY SAFE.

I think many small practices won't survive this and you're about to see wildfire spread of DSOs

I'm beyond impressed that you're only seeing 30% cancellations @TanMan What kind of procedures are you still doing, if you don't mind me asking? Our office is closed to only emergencies by state mandate. There's not enough emergencies for everyone and I've got some health issues, so I took the 3 week furlough. Though I think it's going to last longer. I'm going to file for unemployment next week. Literally, something I never thought I would do in my entire career.

Established, long standing practices with better cash reserves/cash flow should get through this just fine. I think some of the smaller offices that don't have much cash on hand will likely go bankrupt. Same with some of the huge DSO. Hopefully, they can take out Aspen too.

I'm beyond impressed that you're only seeing 30% cancellations @TanMan What kind of procedures are you still doing, if you don't mind me asking? Our office is closed to only emergencies by state mandate. There's not enough emergencies for everyone and I've got some health issues, so I took the 3 week furlough. Though I think it's going to last longer. I'm going to file for unemployment next week. Literally, something I never thought I would do in my entire career.

Established, long standing practices with better cash reserves/cash flow should get through this just fine. I think some of the smaller offices that don't have much cash on hand will likely go bankrupt. Same with some of the huge DSO. Hopefully, they can take out Aspen too.

Still doing most everything except dentures, geriatrics, and pediatrics. Although looks like things are picking up again. No mandates here yet, but we're honoring existing appointments for those comfortable coming, sticking to mostly emergencies beyond that. Interestingly enough, sudden spike in 6 unit anterior bridges. People's reason: $hits gonna happen, I wanna look good if I die or go broke. Another thing... people are bored, they want to go somewhere, everything's closed, they go to a dentist. Weird, right?

The unfortunate reality here is that many people are becoming unemployed. I have requests for people to have ALL their work done because they are going to be laid off or fired soon. 10k today is going to be worth a lot more in the future than 10k now. My landlord is having problems right now since a good chunk of his tenants are restaurants and they are only allowed for drivethru or take out.

This is the new reality. Too many sheeple are paralyzed by fear to do anything and those who seize the moment will be victorious. I can go on about the asinine things that fellow dentists are doing with the shortsightedness of their actions, but this is probably not the time to discuss this.

This is the new reality. Too many sheeple are paralyzed by fear to do anything and those who seize the moment will be victorious. I can go on about the asinine things that fellow dentists are doing with the shortsightedness of their actions, but this is probably not the time to discuss this.

For learning purposes I personally would love to hear these asinine things if you don't mind sharing a little lol

Restrictions in Ohio

Assuming that these will be in effect during the rise in infections the following graph should be noted.

Public-policies-for-mitigation-can-flatten-the-coronavirus-curve-in-Latin-America-1024x680.png

Note the peak does not happen until late May to late June. Fortunately I'm retired but if I were still in practice. I would cut my staff to bare bones minimum (just like a start-up). Lay everyone off that is not absolutely necessary with the promise of a rehire when the crisis is over. If you don't have enough cash in reserves or coming in from AR then start looking for lines of credit. Hopefully this is worst case scenario.

For learning purposes I personally would love to hear these asinine things if you don't mind sharing a little lol

LOL, I would prefer not to, as these people tend to be high and mighty and probably deserve the shortsightedness of their actions. At this time, I'm in the camp of what's bad for them is good for me. Unfortunately, in a world short of resources, this is a zero sum game.

This is the new reality. Too many sheeple are paralyzed by fear to do anything and those who seize the moment will be victorious.

Kind of like those companies that have offered to produce masks, ventilators, hand sanitizer, etc.etc. They were smart to redirect their production capacity towards lucrative federal contracts and at the same time .... build some positive public perception. Win - Win.

Kind of like those companies that have offered to produce masks, ventilators, hand sanitizer, etc.etc. They were smart to redirect their production capacity towards lucrative federal contracts and at the same time .... build some positive public perception. Win - Win.

Definitely. The grey/black market for these goods are definitely lucrative at this time and people will snap them up due to surging demand. Although there are anti-price gouging laws, the real winners appear to be the hoarders/secondary market sellers.

My practice is in a highly saturated/dense business and residential area. We are heavy on walk-ins. I'm doing about 4-5 RCT's a day now for patients who come in with emergency pain. I also accept DMO insurances, and I get paid even if 0 patients show up. I don't have a landlord (I own the building) and my tenants are (fortunately) paying me rent so far. I can't say the same about my other dentist friends - specially orthodontists, they are closed for next 2 months.

Orthodontists will be fine since they continue to get paid from their patients’ insurances. Some offices set up an autopay system, which allows them to withdraw $$$ from the patients’ chekcking/credit card accounts every month even when they only see the patients every 6-8 wks. I am glad I have very low overhead. The monthly payments from insurance companies should be more than enough to cover all the fixed expenses. I only have 2 F/T employees. I continue to pay both of them but at reduced work hours (32 hours/week). All of my P/T employees stay home….some filed for unemployment.

People cannot just walk around with the metal braces in their mouth forever. Once orthodontists are allowed to open their offices in the near future, patients will come back to see their orthodontists to finish their tx.

Orthodontists will be fine since they continue to get paid from their patients’ insurances. Some offices set up an autopay system, which allows them to withdraw $$$ every month from the patients’ chekcking/credit card accounts every month even when they only see the patients every 6-8 wks. I am glad I have very low overhead. The monthly payments from insurance companies should be more than enough to cover all the fixed expenses. I only have 2 F/T employees. I continue to pay both of them but at reduced work hours (32 hours/week). All of my P/T employees stay home….some filed for unemployment.

People cannot just walk around with the metal braces in their mouth forever. Once orthodontists are allowed to open their offices in the near future, patients will come back to see their orthodontists to finish their tx.

You left out the most important issue facing ortho offices during the shutdown period.... the # of new cases started. Yes, you will get paid for people in treatment, but the loss of new cases over a month or 2 will be felt at some point. Also, once general dentists go back to work, the flood gates will open and they will have a backlog of their own patients and treatment, which will pushback and cause further delays to the ortho referrals they usually send out. Going back to the normal and routine flow of referrals won’t be as simple as some may think.

Be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You left out the most important issue facing ortho offices during the shutdown period.... the # of new cases started. Yes, you will get paid for people in treatment, but the loss of new cases over a month or 2 will be felt at some point. Also, once general dentists go back to work, the flood gates will open and they will have a backlog of their own patients and treatment, which will pushback and cause further delays to the ortho referrals they usually send out. Going back to the normal and routine flow of referrals won’t be as simple as some may think.

Be safe!

As long as people continue to have kids, the demand for ortho tx continue to be high. Most parents want their kids to look good. They are willing to make sacrifices so their kids can get braces. I see these low income parents every day in my practice. This is not the only tough economic time I face. A couple of months after graduation, 2 airplanes hit the Twin Towers on Sept 11th. A year after I started my first office, the housing market crashed….and now the corronaviruses that force businesses to close. And just like before, the American economy will bounce back again. We are living in the best country in the world.

They won’t. Fewer kids are born every day. I would wager that the current coronavirus recession will lead to fewer kids - fewer adolescent braces in the future.

That's not the trend I see at where I practice. Hispanic and Asian people love to have large families.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
That's not the trend I see at where I practice. Hispanic and Asian people love to have large families.

I just want to make sure that anyone who reads your point to not think that “more kids” is a national trend. It’s not. It’s good you practice in high kids community, I do too - but we are the in the minority of dentists who serve such communities.

So nationally - fewer kids and more orthodontists is the future.

I just want to make sure that anyone who reads your point to not think that “more kids” is a national trend. It’s not. It’s good you practice in high kids community, I do too - but we are the in the minority of dentists who serve such communities.

So nationally - fewer kids and more orthodontists is the future.

Yup. That's good for my practice. For the majority of the orthodontists who refuse to treat the low income Hispanic and Asian patients……well, that’s their loss….not mine. Less competition for me.....no need to spend money on advertisement.

Sorry ... Off topic, but .......
So funny to read @Cold Front and @charlestweed posts. Cold Front basically through most of his well thought out posts with plenty of references that going into ortho is not financially wise. He definitely has some good points. He brings up the low birth rate, but does he ever pick on the pedos? Last time I checked .... pedos treat kids. Low birth rate means less kids for the pedos. So ... which population is growing in numbers? The old patients. Right? Again ... funny that I never hear about geriatric dentistry. All I ever hear about is no one wanting to do dentures.

And @charlestweed. The ever lasting shining sword for orthodontists. He practices in such a way (low, low,low overhead, etc. etc.) that most orthodontists will question why they wanted to become orthos in the 1st place if they practiced that way.

Just having some much needed humor here. We are all fortunate to have the yin and yang of posters offering their opinions. :)

So funny to read @Cold Front and @charlestweed posts. Cold Front basically through most of his well thought out posts with plenty of references that going into ortho is not financially wise. He definitely has some good points. He brings up the low birth rate, but does he ever pick on the pedos? Last time I checked .... pedos treat kids. Low birth rate means less kids for the pedos. So ... which population is growing in numbers? The old patients. Right? Again ... funny that I never hear about geriatric dentistry. All I ever hear about is no one wanting to do dentures.
When the population is shrinking due to low birthrate everybody suffers. General dentists, pedos, orthos, endos, OS’s all suffer. I can’t practice in rural and less culturally diversed areas because the health of my practices depends on the rapidly growing Hispanic and Asian populations. These patients prefer to see an orthodontist, who is also an immigrant like them.
And @charlestweed. The ever lasting shining sword for orthodontists. He practices in such a way (low, low,low overhead, etc. etc.) that most orthodontists will question why they wanted to become orthos in the 1st place if they practiced that way.
Practicing ortho this way is still 100x better than working as a GP. I am a workaholic person but I don’t think I would be able to bend my fragile back 8 hours a day, 5-6 days/week for 20-30 years working as a general dentist. So to me, spending 2 extra years + more loan money for ortho residency is totally worth it. The way I practice ortho now is pretty much similar to what many associate orthodontists are doing at busy corp offices (high patient volume, low income patients, 60-80 patients a day etc), except that I get paid 2-3x more at my own offices. That’s because I have much lower overhead and have much more efficiently run office than the corp offices. Would you agree with me that working for a corp office as an orthodontist (like what you are doing right now) is way easier and better than working as a GP?

Just having some much needed humor here. We are all fortunate to have the yin and yang of posters offering their opinions. :)

Well said. I really enjoy reading Charles posts. He has strong conviction and belief in his field. I just throw my 2 cents around to put more emphasis on his posts and others. We all know more with these different views on dentistry and the world in general.

Reactions: 1 users
When the population is shrinking due to low birthrate everybody suffers. General dentists, pedos, orthos, endos, OS’s all suffer. I can’t practice in rural and less culturally diversed areas because the health of my practices depends on the rapidly growing Hispanic and Asian populations. These patients prefer to see an orthodontist, who is also an immigrant like them.

Practicing ortho this way is still 100x better than working as a GP. I am a workaholic person but I don’t think I would be able to bend my fragile back 8 hours a day, 5-6 days/week for 20-30 years working as a general dentist. So to me, spending 2 extra years + more loan money for ortho residency is totally worth it. The way I practice ortho now is pretty much similar to what many associate orthodontists are doing at busy corp offices (high patient volume, low income patients, 60-80 patients a day etc), except that I get paid 2-3x more at my own offices. That’s because I have much lower overhead and have much more efficiently run office than the corp offices. Would you agree with me that working for a corp office as an orthodontist (like what you are doing right now) is way easier and better than working as a GP?

I completely agree with you. I'm especially happy practicing ortho in the Corp setting. No way I would be a gp in that Corp setting. But what @Cold Front et al are saying is that you are successful due to specific variables (ethnic background, ethnic patients, low income patients, work-a-holic, extremely low overhead, etc. etc.) that most other orthodontists are not capable of or will not consider.
I do not always agree with your opinion regarding low fee ortho treatment. Personally I feel this cheapens the orthodontic profession and further demotes ortho tx to the level of a commodity rather than a health service. But ..... I do admire your tenacity to work hard and do what it takes to be successful in a difficult market.

BTW. I will always choose your side over @Cold Front . HeHeHe. :D

I completely agree with you. I'm especially happy practicing ortho in the Corp setting. No way I would be a gp in that Corp setting. But what @Cold Front et al are saying is that you are successful due to specific variables (ethnic background, ethnic patients, low income patients, work-a-holic, extremely low overhead, etc. etc.) that most other orthodontists are not capable of or will not consider.
I do not always agree with your opinion regarding low fee ortho treatment. Personally I feel this cheapens the orthodontic profession and further demotes ortho tx to the level of a commodity rather than a health service. But ..... I do admire your tenacity to work hard and do what it takes to be successful in a difficult market.

BTW. I will always choose your side over @Cold Front . HeHeHe. :D
I hope not. If a lot of orthodontists can run their offices the way I do now, then I am no longer unique….and I will lose of a lot of patients to the competitors in my area.

Lol Ortho loyalty.

When will you get back to work and see patients? I’m hearing horror stories at DSO’s doing mass layoffs, including dentists. With no end insight for a return to normalcy.

Well ... if I get laid off permanently .... I'm hoping you can hire me to be your inhouse ortho guy :D . Pretty sure you will pay me more than @charlestweed . :D I'm scheduled to go back to work middle of next month. The DSO I work for treats mostly low income patients. They have tons of new patients. Over the last 3 years I have positioned myself to be one of their top producers in my region. A model employee. They will always need an orthodontist to see their patients even if they had to downsize. I am confident that I would be that person.
I could be wrong and I'm sure YOU would point it out if so .... but my feeling is that low income patients are less affected by these downturns as compared to middle class patients. I had posted earlier that I had one of my BEST production weeks just before I was furloughed.
I also see larger DSOs eatting the smaller ones if things do not return to normal and I work for a large DSO.
My best guess is ..... with time .... things will return to normal. After every downturn brings an upturn.

Well ... if I get laid off permanently .... I'm hoping you can hire me to be your inhouse ortho guy :D . Pretty sure you will pay me more than @charlestweed . :D I'm scheduled to go back to work middle of next month. The DSO I work for treats mostly low income patients. They have tons of new patients. Over the last 3 years I have positioned myself to be one of their top producers in my region. A model employee. They will always need an orthodontist to see their patients even if they had to downsize. I am confident that I would be that person.
I could be wrong and I'm sure YOU would point it out if so .... but my feeling is that low income patients are less affected by these downturns as compared to middle class patients. I had posted earlier that I had one of my BEST production weeks just before I was furloughed.
I also see larger DSOs eatting the smaller ones if things do not return to normal and I work for a large DSO.
My best guess is ..... with time .... things will return to normal. After every downturn brings an upturn.

What you say is true, the big eating the small. I'm already seeing some offices go on a firesale to sell off equipment and thankfully the prices of equipment is dropping like crazy. Time to buy another CEREC and/or another office, lol.

Well said. I really enjoy reading Charles posts. He has strong conviction and belief in his field. I just throw my 2 cents around to put more emphasis on his posts and others. We all know more with these different views on dentistry and the world in general.

I have grown to love your juxtaposed viewpoints. at first, charles was irking me slightly, but I attribute to boomer bias. I disagree with him on most things, but always love the civility from you two guys.

Reactions: 3 users
I have grown to love your juxtaposed viewpoints. at first, charles was irking me slightly, but I attribute to boomer bias. I disagree with him on most things, but always love the civility from you two guys.
@TanMan is dope, too.

• Haha

That’s the beauty of it. You have a dentist from the Midwest (me) leveling his view points with an orthodontist in California (Charles). We are part of the few who share and post their different ideologies about the profession and country in great detail, which takes more guts than people who just read/lurk. The more we discuss and post, even if we don’t agree, the better for future dentists to understand the real world from those discussions. I can always get [mention]2TH MVR [/mention] to step in for arbitration if Charles and I lock heads too long on a topic. lol

I can't wait until the closures (not my office) reopen. I need a hair cut bad!!!! The 80's are calling and they want to trade mark my rock star mullet.

Last edited:
I can't wait until the closures (not my office) reopen. I need a hair cut bad!!!! My avatar should sport a 80's rock band mullet.

I'd like to see that. An Asian with a mullet. btw: I'm half Asian :) . Mother is S. Korean and father is English/Irish. It's a unique combination. I inherited my mother's strong work ethic and my dad's smart aleck, humorous demeanor.

As for the haircut. A friend of my wife's (her hairdresser) comes to our home to give everyone haircuts. He wears a mask and observes distancing and proper protocols. He works at a high end salon. He took one look at my mop (I usually get cheap haircuts at a barber) and made some humerous remarks about my previous haircut. All in fun. We had a good laugh.

I went to HS in the 80's. I had a mullet...bangs and short sides and long back. I wanted to almost look like the tennis pro Andre Agassi. I called my long time stylist (not high end) and she is deathly afraid of the virus before all the closures. At that time it affected her home country 2nd to China. I begged and bribed her with all my office PPE but she wouldn't do it. Just curious, what part of the country do you practice? You may have mentioned it but I couldn't find it.