Dental Unit

Started by Odonteka
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I practiced very happily with an air driven handpiece for well over a decade.

Then I got an electric handpiece and now I really dislike when I'm busy enough that I have to do a procedure in one of my overflow rooms which isn't equipped with an electric handpiece!

The electrics just feel "smoother" in my hand as I'm prepping a tooth, the constant torque that they provide makes prepping through a tooth noticeable easier than with an air driven handpiece too.

The major difference, and this is something that I took me maybe a week or 2 to get used to, is that my Kavo electric handpiece is noticeably heavier than my Kavo air driven handpieces. Now after using electric handpieces for about 3 years I don't even notice the weight of the electric anymore, except when I'm using an air driven handpiece in my overflow room