dentist (BDS) from India is get approve US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjerry

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey every one,

I am not sure i am posting this in rite sections. i am from usa.i have citzenship in usa and India. I want to be a dentist. so i was thinking about to go back to Indian and complete my BDS degree from thier then come back here and practice ! As I vaguely understand, US does not accept Indian medical degrees and person has to get a degree again in US. So i look up in internet and found few college are saying it's approved in us but i am not sure.eg:- http://www.manipal.edu

If i get degree from college like i mention above, Do i still need to study whole 4 years again in us ? is their any other option is to go to school for dentist (BDS) or dental hygienist. Finish much less expensive and quicker to finish but pay considerably less?

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

after you receive your BDS in India you are allow to take the dental hygienist exam in Florida and able to practice in Florida. But its only in Florida, no other States. You are also able to apply for the advanced standing program for international dentist in Us. its a 2~3 yrs program (depends which school) to get your DDS degree and allows you to take the dentist license through out the nation. But its really competitive to get in. this is the program that most of the ppl (including me) in this forum wants to get in. the tuition is really pricey too..
My advice for you is if you are currently in US rite now and want to become a dentist in US, you should just try to pursue it in US. dont think about other routes. its not any easier.

I have a few ques. about Manipal..it'll be great if someone who's been there can answer it. thx!

- Is there an age limit to get admission as an NRI sponsored applicant? (coz national entrance exams in India do have limit)

- Is the quality of education good? or sketch?? (it is mentioned as good in india, but there's no mention of it in the ASDA list of foreign dental schools)

- Has anyone done dental from Manipal been able to do dental and get into a good intl. dentist program? If so, what were your scores like?

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't go to Manipal but a family friend did and she is completing her advanced placement program in ucla. So it is possible and she even had failed one year in India.

Hope that helped. I have heard the education at Manipal is very good and you must study very hard. She was actually a true NRI, not sponsored.

Hey every one,

I am not sure i am posting this in rite sections. i am from usa.i have citzenship in usa and India. I want to be a dentist. so i was thinking about to go back to Indian and complete my BDS degree from thier then come back here and practice ! As I vaguely understand, US does not accept Indian medical degrees and person has to get a degree again in US. So i look up in internet and found few college are saying it's approved in us but i am not sure.eg:- http://www.manipal.edu

If i get degree from college like i mention above, Do i still need to study whole 4 years again in us ? is their any other option is to go to school for dentist (BDS) or dental hygienist. Finish much less expensive and quicker to finish but pay considerably less?

thank you

I'm a US born citizen and after I completed high school I went abroad to study. Trust me its very difficult if not even more difficult than doing it from here. Stay here and pursue it. With gods help I luckily got accepted to a school here for the advance standing program but with difficulty.

Even I'm from Canada and still trying to get into a program. Its very difficult. Wish I had stayed here and done it.