Dentists kids coming to the office?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuremrsDr<3

Reaction score
Looking for opinions.. my friend & I have planned to be dentists our whole lives. Her parents are dentists. We made a plan as young college students that we would build an office with a big room in the back for our children to be homeschooled in.
We figured we would hire teachers or tutors to teach/observe them there. I was homeschooled a few years and know how flexible it can be.

Is that even possible? Her dentist parents who own their practice never said anything against our idea.

Now I'm just a little more apprehensive because of covid. But honestly I'm a germaphobe and would expect them to go through a private entrance anyway!

Members don't see this ad.

1593899603908.png

Reactions: 10 users
Looking for opinions.. my friend & I have planned to be dentists our whole lives. Her parents are dentists. We made a plan as young college students that we would build an office with a big room in the back for our children to be homeschooled in.
We figured we would hire teachers or tutors to teach/observe them there. I was homeschooled a few years and know how flexible it can be.

Is that even possible? Her dentist parents who own their practice never said anything against our idea.

Now I'm just a little more apprehensive because of covid. But honestly I'm a germaphobe and would expect them to go through a private entrance anyway!

The dentist I shadowed had a back where her and the hygienist’s kids hung out. Shadowed another dentist who also let employees kids in the back room. Don’t think it’s super uncommon

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The dentist I shadowed had a back where her and the hygienist’s kids hung out. Shadowed another dentist who also let employees kids in the back room. Don’t think it’s super uncommon

The dental office my mother worked in was pretty much my daycare growing up.

Before this whole COVID thing came about, my staff could bring their kids in. Had PS4 and a fridge full of Dr. Pepper. Rules were that don't bother the staff, don't bother the patients, and don't set the office on fire. I still wouldn't mind, but some of my staff are germaphobes.

dude it's hard enough after Covid to get just dentistry up and running, now you wanna bring kids to work :rofl:

Thanks to all the helpful posts!! I really wasn't sure as it wasn't my parent's office, if it was legal or could be done in a professional way.

I appreciate all of you who answered kindly ☺️

The dentist I shadowed had her kids stay at the back all the time so I don't see anything wrong with this unless COVID is till around in the future (hopefully not).

xoxo

here’s a pic from my dentist’s office back room

Attachments

• 0FA4C4E2-298B-4181-991B-A6BECE636EA5.jpeg
    0FA4C4E2-298B-4181-991B-A6BECE636EA5.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Aw thank you for the picture!
I think it's so great that dentists can make their office feel like home and still get serious work done

Oh honey....

I don't think you understand what happens on that couch

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users