D1 looking for Air Force HPSP recipients or AF dentists to ask questions of before my application is submitted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

545w

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, as the title says I'm a D1 and looking for AF HPSP or current/former AF dentists that I can ask questions of and get information on what it all entails and what I should expect.
This is something I really do want and I would like for that to be reflected in my upcoming application and interview.
Please comment or message me directly if you could be of assistance and spare any time for me to learn from you.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn’t bank on just the AF unless your application is perfect. Consider applying to the others as well

I wouldn’t bank on just the AF unless your application is perfect. Consider applying to the others as well
They only allow one at a time and I'm not interested in the other branches. Navy and Army when I interacted with them had such issues with clear communication and basic competence that I have decided not to even bother with them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Navy and Army when I interacted with them had such issues with clear communication and basic competence
Do not for one second think the AF has clear communication and is not incompetent. They are just as bad as the rest of the branches when it comes to this.

I personally do not have an issue with you only wanting to do the AF. After all, if you don't want to be in the Navy or the Army, then I agree, you shouldn't apply to them. I just think you are misguided to think that whatever issues you have with the other branches does not plague the AF.

When I was in, they would tell you not to judge your career off of your first duty station. That same applies to the recruiting experience. Don't judge a branch based off of a recruiter. You may have a fantastic experience with one branch or recruiting station, and be absolutely miserable later on in that same branch, OR you may have a terrible recruiter but a fantastic and "fulfilling" experience (somehow, if you drink enough Kool-Aid, I guess) in another branch. Just keep that in mind.

Reactions: 2 users
They only allow one at a time and I'm not interested in the other branches. Navy and Army when I interacted with them had such issues with clear communication and basic competence that I have decided not to even bother with them.
I applied to all 3 at once. You have to be careful what you say, but no one was going to get in my way of maximizing my chance of a scholarship.

Reactions: 2 users
I applied to all 3 at once. You have to be careful what you say, but no one was going to get in my way of maximizing my chance of a scholarship.
I think OP needs to realize the only major difference between the branches, at least in the healthcare fields, is the uniform you don and where your geographical location is for your tour.

I understand where they are coming from about only wanting to do the AF, and I won't tell them not to do that, but at the same time, I believe they have faulty reasoning for doing so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user