1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Denver 2007-2008 calander

Discussion in 'Emergency Medicine' started by EMNewbie, Feb 26, 2007.

1. EMNewbie

Medical Student
    Hey guys, my school has started scheduling 4th year stuff already, and Denver has not posted their calander for next year yet. I really want to look into their SURG 8006 Emergency Medicine Career elective, and I am wondering what the dates for the blocks that will entail July/August/September are so that I can see if it is even an option for me to try to schedule before I take some time off for my wedding. Sooo I was wondering if any of you had any info on what the dates would be so that I don't have to start annoying the course coordinator just yet... If any of you guys have any info, that would be much appreciated!!!

2. Dr. Will

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    My guess is that like most programs, they are going to wait until after the match to fully get things rolling for next year's 4th year visitors. Match day is 17 days away.

3. nocallaochicas

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    The course coordinator is a different person than the resdiency coordinator. You could email her (Laura Rendon) before the match, if waiting until after the match might mess up your schedule.

Denver requires some weird background check that can take a while to get, so you may want to get going with it.

ncc

4. Dr. Will

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    While you're completely right, the only reason I said what I did was b/c last year I ran into this problem and dates/calendars weren't really set until after the match. It could have just been my luck, though. :thumbup:

5. Emergen-C

Emergen-C Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yeah you have to call a Police Dept and make an appt to get fingerprinted, then send that in to the FBI (or some other background agency whose name is slipping my mind)...it's pretty intense and time-consuming (not a quick turnaround). I'd suggest having that ready for when they release the dates in March/April.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. streetdoc

streetdoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I have not been to their website this year, but last year they offered dates that started along with the CU schedule (you can check that website) as well as ones that started on the 1st of the month. I believe I had my background check and everything lined up by mid-february last year--for a late june start date. Seems like they are behind this year if they don't have dates up yet. Call Ms. Laura as she is excellent and she made my month very eaasy to set up. Also look into housing now. Colin is a 3rd year who offers housing that is pretty cheap for the month. If you want a big name on your SLOR, you can pick from many. My letter (from what I've been told) rocked even though I in no way rocked that rotation. Hope you enjoy it, you'll see some really good stuff!
    streetdoc

7. Emergen-C

Emergen-C Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    They are no longer offering the dates starting the 1st of the month...

If anyone wants Colin's housing info, PM me and I'll send you the link. It's directly behind the hospital--i.e. great for away rotators without cars.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. nocallaochicas

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yes. I was in no way trying to contradict you, Dr. Will. :) You made a good point.
    I was just adding a bit more info.
    ncc