Denver OMFS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bennet2433

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone spare a bit of insight into Denver, Seattle, or NYU OMFS programs? At my recent externship the intern almost scared me away from all things Denver but I would still like to get some other opinions. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am very familiar with the Denver program and can tell you that as far as OMS programs go, it is at the bottom. The director will ensure that your life is a living hell for all four years. In addition, you will receive virtually no impant / implant site prep training. They get plenty of trauma but the treatment philosophy is a joke; they place almost everything into CR-MMF. Orthognathic surgery is likewise a joke. In fact, it was so low that the ADA had to step in and force them to improve. So they now make their residents sit in with local OMS Drs in private practice to at least get some experience in this area. You will however get to extract plenty of teeth on the homeless but I think you can find this anywhere. The plus is that you get to live in Denver. That is about it. I can assure that there is a reason they often have unmatched spots. But, if your grades are not that great its definately a place you can get into. Goodluck.

I am very familiar with the Denver program and can tell you that as far as OMS programs go, it is at the bottom. The director will ensure that your life is a living hell for all four years. In addition, you will receive virtually no impant / implant site prep training. They get plenty of trauma but the treatment philosophy is a joke; they place almost everything into CR-MMF. Orthognathic surgery is likewise a joke. In fact, it was so low that the ADA had to step in and force them to improve. So they now make their residents sit in with local OMS Drs in private practice to at least get some experience in this area. You will however get to extract plenty of teeth on the homeless but I think you can find this anywhere. The plus is that you get to live in Denver. That is about it. I can assure that there is a reason they often have unmatched spots. But, if your grades are not that great its definately a place you can get into. Goodluck.

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard as far as advice goes....:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Are u in BR or Shreveport?

Dear LSU cowboy,

I did not mean to offend you if your dad cleans their toilets! As far as janitorial services are concerned I think they are top notch.

Dear LSU cowboy,

I did not mean to offend you if your dad cleans their toilets! As far as janitorial services are concerned I think they are top notch.

Don't overstep your boundaries

Does your dad actually work for Denver Health? Don't comment on thread topics you are unfamiliar with and insult a stranger's friendly advice to a student. You will almost always receive a negative response.

Love Always,
SevoDes

Does your dad actually work for Denver Health? Don't comment on thread topics you are unfamiliar with and insult a stranger's friendly advice to a student. You will almost always receive a negative response.

Love Always,
SevoDes

My comment was that it was funny...which it was....he basically said that Denver OMFS is a POS program. Now I don't care, nor do I agree with his comment. I simply said it was amusing. Seems you need to take a deep breath of Sevo and chill out.

my mistake LSU cowboy--I mizundastood!

My comment was that it was funny...which it was....he basically said that Denver OMFS is a POS program. Now I don't care, nor do I agree with his comment. I simply said it was amusing. Seems you need to take a deep breath of Sevo and chill out.

Hell why not give him Halo or Des for an awake inhalational indxn... nothing wrong with a little laryngospasm.

BTW how is it going down the LA my brother? What service are you on?

Love Always,
SevoDes

u offended me buddy! I have a good friend in that program... ok a good associate...anyways, take it back before I get mad!:mad:

Hell why not give him Halo or Des for an awake inhalational indxn... nothing wrong with a little laryngospasm.

BTW how is it going down the LA my brother? What service are you on?

Medicine....can't wait to finish med school.....all is well here in the Big Easy...

bump...for the guy/gal who's asking abt denver. :)