Denver White coat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vacoug

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what length of white coat medical students wear at denver. I am going there for an away rotation. At my school we use long white coats which has its pluses and minuses. A plus when a cute nurse is looking to flirt with a doctor, a minus when theres a code and they throw you in the room to run it. Anyways, I just don't want to stick out as the student that dresses like an attending. Thanks:D

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone tell me what length of white coat medical students wear at denver. I am going there for an away rotation. At my school we use long white coats which has its pluses and minuses. A plus when a cute nurse is looking to flirt with a doctor, a minus when theres a code and they throw you in the room to run it. Anyways, I just don't want to stick out as the student that dresses like an attending. Thanks:D

You're in the ER. You shouldn't wear a white coat. If you wear one, either you're not working hard enough, or getting dirty enough.

You're in the ER. You shouldn't wear a white coat. If you wear one, either you're not working hard enough, or getting dirty enough.

Wrong. If you're so sloppy you are getting blood and body fluids on you every day, you need to be more careful.

The white coat is a personal decision (and then over scrubs or not), and, I can tell you, in our 100K+ community hospital ED in an otherwise academic facility, I certainly work my butt off, and am not splashing BBF on myself.

I understand where you're coming from, but this is a student, and you're painting a "one size fits all" picture concretely, when it's not a concrete answer. I don't even know - do they require a coat at Denver for students? If they do, your answer is not applicable.

Members don't see this ad :)
I volunteered there for two years and the only people who wore white coats were attendings.

Proviso: I am not a CU student. Best thing to do would be to talk to the CU student rotation coordinator and ask them how CU students are expected to dress.

I rotated there last summer and the students (residents and attendings as well) typically didn't wear coats...at least none that i saw.
enjoy your month!
where are you staying? whose your mentor?
streetdoc

The school will give you a dress code. All of my away rotations did. One said matching scrubs only, one said dress clothes, one said no thongs, they're really quite funny.

One did say short white coat though.

Wrong. If you're so sloppy you are getting blood and body fluids on you every day, you need to be more careful.

The white coat is a personal decision (and then over scrubs or not), and, I can tell you, in our 100K+ community hospital ED in an otherwise academic facility, I certainly work my butt off, and am not splashing BBF on myself.

I understand where you're coming from, but this is a student, and you're painting a "one size fits all" picture concretely, when it's not a concrete answer. I don't even know - do they require a coat at Denver for students? If they do, your answer is not applicable.

You need a better sarcasm detector. I was making a witty, but not serious observation.

Where? I'm not rotating there.

j/k.

We had a big discussion about it, and we ended up assuming it meant flip flops, because otherwise it didn't make any sense.
However, it also said to wear white underwear under white pants (directly below the unicolor scrubs instructions), so whom knows?

We had a big discussion about it, and we ended up assuming it meant flip flops, because otherwise it didn't make any sense.
However, it also said to wear white underwear under white pants (directly below the unicolor scrubs instructions), so whom knows?

LOL yeah I rotated at the same place. The clerkship director told us that not wearing thongs has been in the dress code for such a long time and they just haven't changed it. He specificaly told us the 'thongs' referred to were of the footwear variety and everything else was our own business.

I rotated there last summer and the students (residents and attendings as well) typically didn't wear coats...at least none that i saw.
enjoy your month!
where are you staying? whose your mentor?
streetdoc

Thanks for the info. I am staying with my sister in-law out in rockborough, ie. the middle of nowhere and they haven't assigned me my mentor yet. By the way, any Denver specific advice?:thumbup:

No, I'm sure that it actually meant underwear. You have to remember that about 3 or 4 years ago before they came up with low rise underwear to match with the low rise pants it was a thong party every time women wore tight stylish pants. God, I miss those days.

No, I'm sure that it actually meant underwear. You have to remember that about 3 or 4 years ago before they came up with low rise underwear to match with the low rise pants it was a thong party every time women wore tight stylish pants. God, I miss those days.

Sometimes it is also a nightmare. Girls that stand 5'2" and weigh as much as 6'4" line backer shouldn't wear skinny jeans with leopard print thongs. At least I think she was a female.

Sometimes it is also a nightmare. Girls that stand 5'2" and weigh as much as 6'4" line backer shouldn't wear skinny jeans with leopard print thongs. At least I think she was a female.

What are those, did you skin a cheetah?

I've seen girls like you describe sort of park the side-strips of the thong on top of the fat roll spilling over the top of the tight pants. It seems like a very convenient and well-functioning strategy.

as one of the Denver residents:
either no coat or a short one.

make sure to show your whale tail either way