Dependent Undergrad Loan Limit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dharma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
EDIT: Sorry I meant INdependent Loan Limit.

So I have both undergrad and grad loans consolidated at 49K. 24K is from undergrad. Independent undergrad loan limit is 57K. However, when I call FAFSA they do not have access to information regarding which part of the loan in undergrad vs grad, therefore they only see the bottom line of 49K. This means that it is not clear how much undergrad aid I am eligible for. It should be 33K, however, they are not privy to such info; Only Direct Loans has this info.
I am hoping to start post-bacc (2nd degree undergrad) in January. I most definitely need the max 12500. Basically I want to know if I will be eligible for the remaining 33K even though both undergrad and grad loans have been consolidated at 49K. Does the fact that I consolidated affect my loan limits (undergraduate lifetime limit) or are they still viewed separately (undergrad vs grad) in terms of aggregate limits (here, in regards to undergrad limits)?
I will call Direct Loan to get more info, however that is not until Monday. For peace of mind, please share your thoughts.
Much appreciated.
D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: