depressed......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetgal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello friends,,,,
i felt i did my exam very well,,,but i got 89%,,,i dont know where i stand with this borderline score...i had a dream to get into boston univ.but now i know with this score they wont even call me for an interview,,,i am thinking to apply to bu and then retake the exam in 3months and update the scores...is it possible????plzzzz help tears are rolling down from my eyes and i dint tell abt this score to my family still,,,,, :( :( :(

Members don't see this ad.

sweetgal said:
hello friends,,,,
i felt i did my exam very well,,,but i got 89%,,,i dont know where i stand with this borderline score...i had a dream to get into boston univ.but now i know with this score they wont even call me for an interview,,,i am thinking to apply to bu and then retake the exam in 3months and update the scores...is it possible????plzzzz help tears are rolling down from my eyes and i dint tell abt this score to my family still,,,,, :( :( :(

COMEON AND :) Don't be :( !!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
this is a very good score.I am sure you will get in BU with this.I know someone who had score of 83 and he got in. :eek: See?????
Yours is so........... good. :clap: 85-86 is borderline...not 89.Compliment yourself and don't cry.
Yes of course you can reappear, but i have heard that people who retake the exam so soon, are able to improve their score by 1-2% only.And sometimes, with all this stress, it could even decrease.(God forbid)
SO,stay positive and apply and you will certainly get in and throw all the bad thoughts out of your mind.
DOCAPD :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Sweetgal
cheer up..........it is a very good score...its not borderline like u say........and dont give up hopes on BU....apply everywhere and I am sure u will get in......taking the exam again may or may not improve scores........u have worked hard and the ultimate goal is to get into a school.....remember that...according to me u should just apply to all schools..........congrats on ur score and be happy......

Hi sweetgal,
Congratulations . 89 is a good score. Dont be depressed about it. Applyto every school you can and i am sure you will definitely get into the school you want.Good luck

Your score is great~!!
Cheer up~! :)
You have to send the admissions for all the universities you want. Don't give up~!! I feel that you will get admission in BU. :luck:

Hi Sweetgal
Congratulations!!!!
Well done!
I think, you should not use the phrase ' I am depressed" ,very often. Just kidding!!
Think positvely and rest leave to God.
I am sure you will get into whichever school you want to get into.
Good luck!
Cheers!

If you are taking part 1, are you not IN dental school? What admission to BU are you looking for? Confused.... :confused:

Hi sweetgal,
its a very good score.. i wud rather congratulate u on ur excel score. Just apply in all the schools n hope for the best n STOP CRYING!!!!!!!!
cheers!!! :) :)

today i am feeling little better,,,i got even lots of mails,,and all have given different suggestions,,some are encouraging and some have told me to face the truth,,,i know i have very slim chances of getting interview in boston,,but now i have diverted my mind to other schools and this has greatly reduced my grief,,i feel its a good score for other schools right??my toefl score is 260,,and i am yet to get my gpa,,
some people have told me to retake the exam,,but i am confused coz there are so many things to do,,i am planning to join as volunteer,,planning to join duggans course,,planning to get ready for interview for which i have to study part2,,,,in all these where do i have time to retake,,,coz even if i get good score i need to do all these,,and i will not be having time for these things then,,,goshhhh i really repent for getting confused for silly q's in my exam,,may be such q's cud have taken my score a little higher,,,,anyways now nothing can be done,,,

hey dont worry sweetgal...thats really a good score !!! i would suggest u to start applying to as many schools as possible...try ur luck this year..god will help u..

Hi Sweetgal. I was glad to hear you are doing better. You need to keep a positive outlook, device a plan and execute, whether it'd be re-taking or applying to more schools. IMO, you did very well, so don't feel bad about yourself. Congratulations!!!

hello sweetgal, congratulations.i think ur score is good.u ll get the admission inshala.dont worry,everything ll b awryt...take care

sweetgal said:
hello friends,,,,
hey dont worry
u will surely make it . u have some good wishes with u
i just didnt check this site
anyways dont lose heart and try ur best. 89 is not a bad score
all the best