Dermatology fellowships for foreign-trained residents?

Started by derm83
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

derm83

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I need to know if foreign-trained residents can match into Dermatology fellowships. I am sure they can do so in most of the other specialties like ENT, Rads...etc. Any official link?

I appreciate any input.
 
One of the derm faculty members at my school went to medical school abroad, and then did a derm fellowship here in the US. Its possible. I would imagine you would need to have a US license, have completed an internship, and have solid board scores to get a fellowship.