Dermatopathology Books: Weedon vs Lever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

univlad

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing either Weedon or Lever.

Which do you guys prefer and why?

Members don't see this ad.

IMHO Weedon >>>>>>>>>>>>> Lever. I just think the images are better, the explanations are better, the organization is better, and the descriptions of diseases and categories are better. That's one opinion though. Most residents here like Weedon better though.

I would presume Weedon is more expensive though.

If you have not seen the new McKee book yet, I would definately suggest you check it out as well. The images are great.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have more information the McKee book? What is the title?

univlad said:
Do you have more information the McKee book? What is the title?
I think it's probably Pathology of the Skin. It's a 2-volume set that just came out this year. I can't really speak to the content or provide much of a comparison to other texts, though, since I haven't seen it yet.

geddy said:
I think it's probably Pathology of the Skin. It's a 2-volume set that just came out this year. I can't really speak to the content or provide much of a comparison to other texts, though, since I haven't seen it yet.

The McKee book is VASTLY better than Wheedon (which Ive read completely) and Lever. The image quality, design (difficult DDX lesions are side by side to allow comparison) and clinical correlations of the Mckee book are simply the best Ive seen in any path text. I slept clutching the paperback Essentials of Skin Pathology version as a resident, much to the irritation of my girlfriends.