Dermpath programs and internal candidates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldfishchronicles

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which Dermpath fellowships almost always go to internal candidates? I am inquiring into away rotations at programs with dermpath fellowships, is there a way to ask this without sounding uncouth? I don't want to waste my money and time. Also, is it a bad idea to email the program director to show interest in their dermpath program?

Members don't see this ad.

Back when I applied it seems like the Harvard program pretty much consistently filled with internal candidates.

These are difficult questions to answer because not only do things change from year to year, but they cycle as well. It seems for a few years there the interest in DP fell a bit, but now it seems to be picking back up.

I don't think it's a bad idea to email program directors. Likely worst thing that happens is they direct you to the online information for the program.

Last edited:
Back when I applied it seems like the Harvard program pretty much consistently filled with internal candidates.

These are difficult questions to answer because not only do things change from year to year, but they cycle as well. It seems for a few years there the interest in DP fell a bit, but now it seems to be picking back up.

I don't think it's a bad idea to email program directors. Likely worst thing that happens is they direct you to the online information for the program.
Thanks for your insight.