Des Moines University doesn't take international?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xoxo111

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm currently applying for Fall 2019 cycle, & saw that DMU doesn't except international applicants for the DPM program??? Whaaaaat lol

I went to their website & this is what I found:
NON-U.S. CITIZENS
Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or legal permanent U.S. residents are not eligible for admission to the DPM program. Please review the information for international students.

Anyways, what schools do I have a good shot at getting accepted with my stats? My stats are:
GPA: 3.85
MCAT: 488 (woah)
Pod shadowing with LOR
2 semesters of research in psychology
I also have DO shadowing but don't think that will matter here.

Members don't see this ad.

From what I know:

Barry would definitely give you a chance (though class size is small and filling up). Kent possibly.

I know NYCPM, Arizona, and Temple will ask you to retake the MCAT. It’s no good for Arizona and NYCPM might give you a conditional acceptance provided you can score a 493+ of something.

From what I know:

Barry would definitely give you a chance (though class size is small and filling up). Kent possibly.

I know NYCPM, Arizona, and Temple will ask you to retake the MCAT. It’s no good for Arizona and NYCPM might give you a conditional acceptance provided you can score a 493+ of something.

Is Barry a good school? I mean is it up there in the pod world & is there placement rate 100%?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Barry a good school? I mean is it up there in the pod world & is there placement rate 100%?

Residency placement was 100% in 2017 on match day. Going to Barry will also give you an advantage at securing high powered Florida programs (i.e. Bethesda, Palmetto, Orlando). Residency director at Beth Israel Deaconess (Harvard affiliated) is a Barry alumna, so graduates are all over the US. All schools will provide you the tools to pass boards and match; it is up to you to pick the school that will make you the happiest.

Reactions: 1 user
Should I apply to all other schools with my stats? My priority school to get in for now is NYPod. Also, when must I submit my application to be considered early?

Should I apply to all other schools with my stats? My priority school to get in for now is NYPod. Also, when must I submit my application to be considered early?

I recommend not applying to all 9 schools; it will be quite expensive and excessive. In my opinion, pick your top few schools that you are interested in the most and see what happens. If you do not get desired results, apply to a couple more. Any date before New Year's can be considered early.

Reactions: 1 user