• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
Nov 6, 2013
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
This may sound silly but I have no idea how to even start an essay that asks to describe yourself. Am I the only one? I can't imagine I'm the only one that has issues writing about themselves in that manner. Any advice?

hoihaie

Membership Revoked
Removed
Mar 6, 2014
Status
Medical Student
what is one thing or theme of your life you want people to know you by? center your essay around that and tell how that came to be.

i.e. You may want someone to know of your interest in sports and how that translate to your life. how you came to like sports, how has sports defined you, what you plan on doing to integrate sports with medicine...etc

About the Ads
Mar 8, 2015
Status
Medical Student
"Blank! The sound of my mind as I try to think about how to start my essay. I reminisce to all the times that my grandmothers had all died and then I realized I wanted to become a doctor."

Last edited:
Reactions: SallySue1202

judb16

5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I had a similar essay question..

I definitely would focus on something not covered in your PS, primary app, or other parts of the secondary app. Pick something unique about you and use it to describe parts of you. Pick an experience, aspect of your life, something you value, etc. and work off that.

For mine I talked a little bit about how my family was important to me. This transitioned into how I came to learn about caring for other people, building relationships and that transitioned into why I wanted to be a doctor.

good luck

About the Ads