Describe yourself ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vimal98

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

In Albany secondary, they say describe yourself ?
Was wondering what did you guys write. Sounds hard question to me.

Thanks
Vimal

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, this question was ridiculous (considering you have 1000 characters!) and completely stumped me last year.
this year, i used a major decision as an example of the qualities that I possess that will enable me to become a devoted physician. I would be more than willing to share the short essay with you if you PM me your email.
best of luck,

It's the worst question that I had on a secondary. Mainly because I felt like I was bragging or trying too hard. Ultimately, I scrapped my first versions and just told them where I had been, the reasoning behind my big life decisions and why medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
i talked about my family background, the financial struggle i went through to become the first in my family to go to college, the hardship i endured in college, and my goal of becoming a dr.

I put down 5'11, 175 lb, medium build, black hair, black eyes, I enjoy long walks, puppies etc. etc.

RayhanS1282 said:
I put down 5'11, 175 lb, medium build, black hair, black eyes, I enjoy long walks, puppies etc. etc.

lmbo! at least they didn't ask for measurements!!!

im stuck with that question too. just dont know how to tackle it. any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

:)

RayhanS1282 said:

I said that I was a balla' and shot-calla' with 20 inch blades on my impala. I think they were impressed :cool:

jp2004 said:
im stuck with that question too. just dont know how to tackle it. any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Remember, its only 1000 characters - a ridiculously short essay. I didn't get too specific because there wasn't enough room. I mentioned a few broad statements about my character (traits or attributes acquired from specific experiences), and VERY briefly tried to close with how these character traits have helped prepare me for some of the responsibilities of a physician.