Nov 12, 2009
Status
Medical Student
hi all,

so there is a section in the primary application where one can describe the activity/award in detail. i was wondering what do people usually write about? and how detail it should be? there is a word limit of 1000ish characters including space...

and also, i got research grants for 4 consecutive semesters, should i just combine them into one award/honor?

thanks for the help!

Sep 4, 2006
Inside the tesseract
Ech experience you enter has a section for additional description. Be succinct if you want the narrative to be read. If you were a waitperson it isn't necessary to put ten bullet points about what your duties were, as everyone knows what they are. Elaborate if a well-educated person might not understand a given Experience.

It's fine to group things. Most will group all awards, honors, and scholarships, for example.

Read through this thread, and you'll know everything you need to know: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=202513

OhioDoc

7+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2009
Ohio
Status
Medical Student
hi all,

so there is a section in the primary application where one can describe the activity/award in detail. i was wondering what do people usually write about? and how detail it should be? there is a word limit of 1000ish characters including space...

and also, i got research grants for 4 consecutive semesters, should i just combine them into one award/honor?

thanks for the help!
More important than describing the nature of the activity is explaining the SIGNIFICANCE of the activity, especially if you haven't touched on it in your PS