Including manuscript on primary app that will be submitted within next 2 weeks

Started by Premed421
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Premed421

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! The main project I worked on during my gap year is being submitted within the next two weeks (i.e. before primaries are transmitted to schools on June 27th). I will be submitting tomorrow after one more review of my app. Would it be appropriate to include a sample citation of this paper and indicate that it was "submitted to ____", with the blank at the end being the journal? I would really love to include this paper since I worked on the project beginning to end and will be 2nd author.

Otherwise, should I not include this at all or just indicate that it is in preparation?
 
Hello! The main project I worked on during my gap year is being submitted within the next two weeks (i.e. before primaries are transmitted to schools on June 27th). I will be submitting tomorrow after one more review of my app. Would it be appropriate to include a sample citation of this paper and indicate that it was "submitted to ____", with the blank at the end being the journal? I would really love to include this paper since I worked on the project beginning to end and will be 2nd author.

Otherwise, should I not include this at all or just indicate that it is in preparation?
Include in the research description that your lab is preparing a paper for submission
Later in a secondary essay if it has been accepted you can mention it

Please refer to this thread where AMCAS application activities are discussed in expert detail.
See point #14 on publications
 
Last edited: