Status
Not open for further replies.

dippedindettol

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
145
0
Status
Pre-Dental
might as well do this. salam namaste. where's everyone planning on going? ive applied to too many schools to list. for real.
 

fancymylotus

A Whole New World
10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2004
36,052
17,718
dippedindettol said:
might as well do this. salam namaste. where's everyone planning on going? ive applied to too many schools to list. for real.


wooooooHOOOO. its almost 3AM and im awake studying for the DAT's! all my application type garbage is already sent,so its just this test im waiting to take. this process sucks.that is all.
 

thehipster

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
312
0
NYC
Status
Dental Student
What's up guys? Man I can't wait to get this dammn DAT over with and enjoy my summer the way that I want
 
OP
D

dippedindettol

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
145
0
Status
Pre-Dental
yeah man. getting done with the DAT is a huge relief. but then you start looking at all these 24s/25s and start feeling helpless. i cant wait for dec 1st.
 

RuffT33

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
25
0
Status
Best of luck on the DAT, nail it and get ready to just chill :cool:
 

thehipster

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
312
0
NYC
Status
Dental Student
You're right about waiting for Dec 1st. I still can't believe how competitive it's going to be this year. I'm just hoping the DAT doesn't ruin the rest of my app
 

djeffreyt

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
1,769
9
Dallas
Status
Dentist
I can see why they tell you not to give out any obvious information that would help identify you in these forums...I could totally see some desperate students pulling a Tanya Harding on some of the 25+er DAT people...not that I would.
 

issa

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2005
561
0
Status
djeffreyt said:
I can see why they tell you not to give out any obvious information that would help identify you in these forums...I could totally see some desperate students pulling a Tanya Harding on some of the 25+er DAT people...not that I would.
:laugh: i never thought about anyone doing something like this.
 
OP
D

dippedindettol

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
145
0
Status
Pre-Dental
haha no man. respect to anyone who scores high. im just not feeling confident at all with a 22 anymore.
 

DDS:)

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
452
0
Status
Dental Student
:D I cant wait for go on interviews~
 

hopelessdoc

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2006
198
0
Status
Pre-Dental
seeing those predents stats I thought my dat will be fine but seeing 23+ here everyday, I think I have no hopes left...:(
 

thehipster

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
312
0
NYC
Status
Dental Student
There are some amazing scores this cycle, but its not like there weren't any last year either. Don't stress yourself out with the 23+ scores here, SDN only constitutes a very small percentage of people who apply. Also, most of the SDNers are devoted people who are out to get very high scores.
 
B

BentalScholar

I am surprised how not 2021323123123 123 =123 123 people replied to this post. I am sick of seeing those Desi (Indian, pakistani) pre- Pharm, Dental, Med.....I honestly dont know how you all expect to make a living in the end because with diversity comes a choice of going to a Doctor you feel comfortable with. PLease know that I am not trying to be an ass or even sound racist but I am saying what is on many people's mind. at least in my university, in New England.
 
B

BentalScholar

I am surprised how not 2021323123123123123123 people replied to this post. I am sick of seeing those Desi (Indian, pakistani) pre- Pharm, Dental, Med.....I honestly dont know how you all expect to make a living in the end because with diversity comes a choice of going to a Doctor you feel comfortable with. PLease know that I am not trying to be an ass or even sound racist but I am saying what is on many people's mind. at least in my university, in New England.
 
B

BentalScholar

I am surprised how not 2021323123123123123123 people replied to this post. I am sick of seeing those Desi (Indian, pakistani) pre- Pharm, Dental, Med.....I honestly dont know how you all expect to make a living in the end because with diversity comes a choice of going to a Doctor you feel comfortable with. PLease know that I am not trying to be an ass or even sound racist but I am saying what is on many people's mind. at least in my university, in New England.
 

sgdorfl90

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
281
0
Status
BentalScholar said:
I am surprised how not 2021323123123123123123 people replied to this post. I am sick of seeing those Desi (Indian, pakistani) pre- Pharm, Dental, Med.....I honestly dont know how you all expect to make a living in the end because with diversity comes a choice of going to a Doctor you feel comfortable with. PLease know that I am not trying to be an ass or even sound racist but I am saying what is on many people's mind. at least in my university, in New England.

I think you should mind your own business, and let people go into whatever it may be, whether it be medicine or prostitution. I don't see any one questioning your decision to become a dentist. And I don't think you should worry about anyone making a living cuz no1 is going to ask u for money if they are not surviving. People go to doctors because they are confident in them and their ability to diagnose, and not what country they come from, or what the color of their skin is. Please let me know what school you get accepted to and I will try not going there. Take care.
 

tissy

U.S. Public Health Service
10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
784
17
Connecticut
Status
Dentist
dippedindettol said:
might as well do this. salam namaste. where's everyone planning on going? ive applied to too many schools to list. for real.
This is a dumb question...but what does desi mean? Indian :oops:
 

sgdorfl90

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
281
0
Status
tissy said:
This is a dumb question...but what does desi mean? Indian :oops:
ya, it used to, now it applies to whole south asian countries, including india, pakistan, bangladesh, bhuta, nepal, wutever.
 

undecided0105

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2006
22
0
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
BentalScholar said:
I am surprised how not 2021323123123123123123 people replied to this post. I am sick of seeing those Desi (Indian, pakistani) pre- Pharm, Dental, Med.....I honestly dont know how you all expect to make a living in the end because with diversity comes a choice of going to a Doctor you feel comfortable with. PLease know that I am not trying to be an ass or even sound racist but I am saying what is on many people's mind. at least in my university, in New England.

wow, this is the most mind-numbing post ive read here in awhile. By, the way, just saying, "I am not trying to be an ass or even sound racist," does not clear you of sounding like an ass and being a racist. i cant believe im responding to this idiot but this guy seems like a terrible person
 

sgdorfl90

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
281
0
Status
undecided0105 said:
wow, this is the most mind-numbing post ive read here in awhile. By, the way, just saying, "I am not trying to be an ass or even sound racist," does not clear you of sounding like an ass and being a racist. i cant believe im responding to this idiot but this guy seems like a terrible person
he is jealous of group of people working hard and trying to do well.....sounds quite familiar. And then he has the balls to say i am not racist...this guy makes me wanna vomit. Honestly, i really hope wherever I get in, I don't have to deal with people against indians, or asians who are doing well. If you have the capacity to study all night and forsake ur life, then by all means we should respect it and not take anything aways. Bentalscholar, i don't say this for anyone, but i hope you don't get into dental school
 

reapply2007

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2006
1,076
5
Status
Dental Student
unchi nibasu nichi karatuti. issi bachit mein dyan se kyonki suna hein ki vishvavidhyalya loog aate jaate hein.
 

fancymylotus

A Whole New World
10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2004
36,052
17,718
BentalScholar said:
I am surprised how not 2021323123123 123 =123 123 people replied to this post. I am sick of seeing those Desi (Indian, pakistani) pre- Pharm, Dental, Med.....I honestly dont know how you all expect to make a living in the end because with diversity comes a choice of going to a Doctor you feel comfortable with. PLease know that I am not trying to be an ass or even sound racist but I am saying what is on many people's mind. at least in my university, in New England.


When I buy my own island, I'll make sure to keep narrow-minded bhenchods like you off of it :laugh:
 

gator1210

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2005
179
1
Status
BentalScholar said:
I am surprised how not 2021323123123123123123 people replied to this post. I am sick of seeing those Desi (Indian, pakistani) pre- Pharm, Dental, Med.....I honestly dont know how you all expect to make a living in the end because with diversity comes a choice of going to a Doctor you feel comfortable with. PLease know that I am not trying to be an ass or even sound racist but I am saying what is on many people's mind. at least in my university, in New England.

This guy/girl is funny...what race are you? I could easily make a stereotype about your race? White, black, East Asian, South American, Canadian, French...take your pick, what are you?

I think this guy/girl was mad when you all were taking about your high DAT scores. :laugh:

Or has too many indian friends that havent treated him nice. :)
 

Hopin'

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2006
161
0
Status
Dental Student
amsie said:
When I buy my own island, I'll make sure to keep narrow-minded bhenchods like you off of it :laugh:
Right on the money.....
The best phrase I've ever seen on SDN.... :laugh:
 
B

BentalScholar

Hopin' said:
Right on the money.....
The best phrase I've ever seen on SDN.... :laugh:
Eh Gandu, watch out for the foul language, I just gave my opinion and we ironically are in a free country with my complete right to give it. Yes I have seen the way indians and pakis act here in the US and I have to tell you it is different; although not bad but sickening they all act with high ethnocentric acts and pride, I honestly do not know why. Mind you I am the first in my classes, at Cornell, with plenty of desi around. And know that god gave brains to all his beings and he didnt give you guys a special version so do not say that infront of anyone because it stresses my point about pride and show off. I did not mean to offend you guys and I appologize if my words caused bad feelings.
 

sgdorfl90

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
281
0
Status
you are just scare of competition, i can understand. It's ok....hahha, i love how you contrast yourself in ur post. HAHAHA, u make me puke.
 

undecided0105

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2006
22
0
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
BentalScholar said:
Eh Gandu, watch out for the foul language, I just gave my opinion and we ironically are in a free country with my complete right to give it. Yes I have seen the way indians and pakis act here in the US and I have to tell you it is different; although not bad but sickening they all act with high ethnocentric acts and pride, I honestly do not know why. Mind you I am the first in my classes, at Cornell, with plenty of desi around. And know that god gave brains to all his beings and he didnt give you guys a special version so do not say that infront of anyone because it stresses my point about pride and show off. I did not mean to offend you guys and I appologize if my words caused bad feelings.
This guys a schmuck,... give your opinion but dont act oh so holy about it. And keep making narrow-minded generalizations, especially in your interviews, itll get you real far.
 

gator1210

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2005
179
1
Status
BentalScholar said:
Eh Gandu, watch out for the foul language, I just gave my opinion and we ironically are in a free country with my complete right to give it. Yes I have seen the way indians and pakis act here in the US and I have to tell you it is different; although not bad but sickening they all act with high ethnocentric acts and pride, I honestly do not know why. Mind you I am the first in my classes, at Cornell, with plenty of desi around. And know that god gave brains to all his beings and he didnt give you guys a special version so do not say that infront of anyone because it stresses my point about pride and show off. I did not mean to offend you guys and I appologize if my words caused bad feelings.

This guy has a point. But most races have some point of ethnocentirc acts. IF this is true, you should be mad at east asians, african americans, spanish people and even caucasions.

I bet the Next thing you say will be that your a girl's night out is a conspiracy of sexism to destroy men.

HAHA
 

fancymylotus

A Whole New World
10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2004
36,052
17,718
BentalScholar said:
Eh Gandu, watch out for the foul language, I just gave my opinion and we ironically are in a free country with my complete right to give it. Yes I have seen the way indians and pakis act here in the US and I have to tell you it is different; although not bad but sickening they all act with high ethnocentric acts and pride, I honestly do not know why. Mind you I am the first in my classes, at Cornell, with plenty of desi around. And know that god gave brains to all his beings and he didnt give you guys a special version so do not say that infront of anyone because it stresses my point about pride and show off. I did not mean to offend you guys and I appologize if my words caused bad feelings.
most of our parents worked really hard to get where they are,thanks.

PS: you can take your first-in-class status @ cornell and shove it up you know where.

PPS: since this is a DESI APPLICANTS thread,and you arent desi,why are you posting in it :confused:
 
B

BentalScholar

amsie said:
most of our parents worked really hard to get where they are,thanks.

PS: you can take your first-in-class status @ cornell and shove it up you know where.

PPS: since this is a DESI APPLICANTS thread,and you arent desi,why are you posting in it :confused:
Easy there little girl, you should probably look around and see how everyone loves you guys. Is this why you guys form clicks in College too? so sad, soneehe :)
 

sgdorfl90

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
281
0
Status
BentalScholar said:
Easy there little girl, you should probably look around and see how everyone loves you guys. Is this why you guys form clicks in College too? so sad, soneehe :)

lol....i can see this guy having columbine shooter personality. Amsie and gator, I think we need more than a couple of sessions to see why he hates us so much. He seems hurt, haha. Don't worry man, its alrite, bring on the hate, we r ready....it does come with success.
 
B

BentalScholar

To all of you guys, Desi's that is, good luck with your applications and I am sure you are all nice people but there is a large number of you around and all have the same attitude. My interference was stupid and irrelevant but still the issue is out there. I have lots of friends from the middle east and asia but more from the US and europe and it is because of mentality knowing that YES I am half indian :) and was impressed with your position against me. let us all wake up though and watch out for our attitude will lead us to places we wont like in the future.
 

Hopin'

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2006
161
0
Status
Dental Student
BentalScholar said:
To all of you guys, Desi's that is, good luck with your applications and I am sure you are all nice people but there is a large number of you around and all have the same attitude. My interference was stupid and irrelevant but still the issue is out there. I have lots of friends from the middle east and asia but more from the US and europe and it is because of mentality knowing that YES I am half indian :) and was impressed with your position against me. let us all wake up though and watch out for our attitude will lead us to places we wont like in the future.
Sure we are....
but I doubt people here would say the same 'bout ya....
 

sgdorfl90

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
281
0
Status
BentalScholar said:
To all of you guys, Desi's that is, good luck with your applications and I am sure you are all nice people but there is a large number of you around and all have the same attitude. My interference was stupid and irrelevant but still the issue is out there. I have lots of friends from the middle east and asia but more from the US and europe and it is because of mentality knowing that YES I am half indian :) and was impressed with your position against me. let us all wake up though and watch out for our attitude will lead us to places we wont like in the future.

:laugh:
 

fancymylotus

A Whole New World
10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2004
36,052
17,718
BentalScholar said:
To all of you guys, Desi's that is, good luck with your applications and I am sure you are all nice people but there is a large number of you around and all have the same attitude. My interference was stupid and irrelevant but still the issue is out there. I have lots of friends from the middle east and asia but more from the US and europe and it is because of mentality knowing that YES I am half indian :) and was impressed with your position against me. let us all wake up though and watch out for our attitude will lead us to places we wont like in the future.
so youre blaming your belligerent attitude on your indian half and using your non-indian half to argue with us :confused:
 

sgdorfl90

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
281
0
Status
amsie said:
so youre blaming your belligerent attitude on your indian half and using your non-indian half to argue with us :confused:

haha...he is just pissed off that he is only half indian and therefore just as half as smart as a full indian, and he is taking it out on us. Lovely, I love this guy and how he tells us to change our attitudes. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
 

fancymylotus

A Whole New World
10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2004
36,052
17,718
sgdorfl90 said:
haha...he is just pissed off that he is only half indian and therefore just as half as smart as a full indian, and he is taking it out on us. Lovely, I love this guy and how he tells us to change our attitudes. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
and this ,ladies and gentlemen, is bentalscholar getting PWNED :smuggrin:
 
B

BentalScholar

sgdorfl90 said:
haha...he is just pissed off that he is only half indian and therefore just as half as smart as a full indian, and he is taking it out on us. Lovely, I love this guy and how he tells us to change our attitudes. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
hahahah, well actually about that I now know why only my left side smells. Kurry
 

sgdorfl90

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
281
0
Status
BentalScholar said:
hahahah, well actually about that I now know why only my left side smells. Kurry
it also explains why u could only get to cornell, and not harvard or MIT. Don't give me BS about how cornell is so hard to get into, i had gotten in and I rejected them. If anyone tells me tuna (yes indian ppl don't eat tuna) smells better than curry, they need to take their head out their ass. So left side is curry, and right side is tuna, nice. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You definitely amuse me while studying for my physics midterm, I am loving it.
 

gator1210

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2005
179
1
Status
sgdorfl90 said:
it also explains why u could only get to cornell, and not harvard or MIT. Don't give me BS about how cornell is so hard to get into, i had gotten in and I rejected them. If anyone tells me tuna (yes indian ppl don't eat tuna) smells better than curry, they need to take their head out their ass. So left side is curry, and right side is tuna, nice. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You definitely amuse me while studying for my physics midterm, I am loving it.
HEy hey, tuna is a good source of protein. I eat it all the time. Maybe because Im big on fishing.

I Especially like those new flavored tuna from starkist.


yeaaa, that was off topic.
 

sgdorfl90

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2005
281
0
Status
gator1210 said:
HEy hey, tuna is a good source of protein. I eat it all the time. Maybe because Im big on fishing.

I Especially like those new flavored tuna from starkist.


yeaaa, that was off topic.
haha, that's cool. I don't mind any smell, but to pick curry as some foul smell, and nothing can get worse than it attitude is so stupid. Specially, because in westwood at UCLA, during lunches, all indian buffet are filled with white people.
 

gator1210

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2005
179
1
Status
sgdorfl90 said:
all indian buffet are filled with white people.
I know right, so ironic. When I went on my interviews, I went to a couple of indian restuarants in philly, chicago, and boston and they were packed. Mostly of those "hippy" type people (no offense, but you know who you are).

Curry doesnt smell that bad. eh.
 

Notoriousjae

DAT Rockstar
10+ Year Member
May 23, 2006
468
0
38
Status
Pre-Dental
this thread is highly amusing :laugh: amsie is a fiesty guju bhen.
BentalScholar If i were you i would definetly just let it go man.
P.S-- I am not indian but i posted anyway. :smuggrin:
 
OP
D

dippedindettol

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
145
0
Status
Pre-Dental
this thread should've been deleted a long time ago. grow the **** up, kids.
 

Mz Shaikh

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
60
0
Status
Hello guyz.....I just wanted to ask a quick question. I don't plan on applying until May 2007.....can I take the DAT this sept even if I am not applying until the next cycle? I want to take it this Sep so that if I don't do well then I'll be able to retake it before May 2007. Thanx and good luck to all those that are preparing for the DAT. The test is beyatch!!!!
 
B

BentalScholar

Mz Shaikh said:
Hello guyz.....I just wanted to ask a quick question. I don't plan on applying until May 2007.....can I take the DAT this sept even if I am not applying until the next cycle? I want to take it this Sep so that if I don't do well then I'll be able to retake it before May 2007. Thanx and good luck to all those that are preparing for the DAT. The test is beyatch!!!!
Hi there,
It is really not the best post after all these posts in this thread. I would like to comment on your signature though, if you are praying to god to get into dental school, then you should do it in secrecy between you and him. This is the goal behind religion ppl and sadly you are, the desi, the reason for the problems muslims and specifically arabs are facing in this world. Do you see jews or christians going around praising their relationship with god? I am from a country of many many religions and sects and I can tell you that we were taught to practice religion at home and keep it there, for it is a bond between you and your god and not for everyone to see. On the other hand, I hope you get into dental school and keep working hard just like every desi. kudafez
 

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
11,750
17
Arizona
Status
Dentist
This thread no longer serves any useful purpose and contains offensive comments. Closing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.