DesMoines COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GetInSomewhere

Thats how I roll.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I jsut recieved word that I will be interviewing March 30 in Des Moines, who will be joining me?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that the class is full. Can anyone verify that?

Everyone that I talked to who interviewed with me last month was put on the alternate list.

I was placed on the alternate list but there was soemone on SDN who interviewed in Feb who was accepted....but that was only one...and there are a lot more who have been waitlisted.

Well, whether the class is full or not, my interview has been moved to the 29th. So for now I will hope for the best.

I was placed on the alternate list but there was soemone on SDN who interviewed in Feb who was accepted....but that was only one...and there are a lot more who have been waitlisted.

That was probably me. I interviewed Feb 8th and was accepted, but since then there seems to be a lot of waitlisting :thumbdown: But I'm sure others have gotten in...I don't think that people that post on SDN is 100% inclusive by any means. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!! As someone whose unsuccussfully rode the waitlist at schools before I know how unnerving it is :eek: For those who don't have an acceptance in the bag yet, just hope for the best, but def prepare for the worst. Since, if you need to apply again you'll want things to add to your application.

But I just sent in my second deposit today, so it looks like I'm heading home to Iowa after a 3 year leave of absence!! Hopefully I'll see you guys in the Fall!! :thumbup:

Best of luck to those still interviewing!! Prepare to fall in :love: with DMU!!

I have confirmation from the admissions office that the class is NOT full.:D

it's been 2 weeks for me since I interviewed there...still nothing in the email/mail yet ....is that a good or bad sign???

it's been 2 weeks for me since I interviewed there...still nothing in the email/mail yet ....is that a good or bad sign???
I heard 13 days after my interview. However, I know that the dean makes all final decisions and personally approves every admit. There have been several times this year where the dean has been gone for an extended period of time and things got a little backed up, maybe that is what is happening.

To be exact, it's my 12th day today.....so I need to wait a little more then :)

does any MS1/MS2 know if the dean is in town???

I haven't seen him yet this week, but I do believe he is IN TOWN. I will be able to tell you tomorrow morning for sure though if you want.

Hang in there...

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't seen him yet this week, but I do believe he is IN TOWN. I will be able to tell you tomorrow morning for sure though if you want.

Hang in there...

Thanks! i'm hanging tight :laugh:

The class is not full, I know for a fact people were offered acceptances in late February. The average wait is about two weeks (mine was exactly 13 days). The email will have "offer of acceptance..." in the title if you are really anal; I know I was :) . Good luck everyone.

That is great news!! I am going to be interviewing with you on the 29th.

I was placed on the fastrack program a couple weeks ago and offered an interview, does anyone know what the fastrack is all about? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

That is great news!! I am going to be interviewing with you on the 29th.

I was placed on the fastrack program a couple weeks ago and offered an interview, does anyone know what the fastrack is all about? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

good luck to you!!!

Fastrack just means that you got the invitation for interview before submitting your 2nd...nothing more nothing less....maybe you're a little more favorable for the school but without an acceptance, fastrack means nothing :)

Waiting for my decision ...in 2 days:cool: btw, i'm a fastrack interviewer

The class is not full, I know for a fact people were offered acceptances in late February. The average wait is about two weeks (mine was exactly 13 days). The email will have "offer of acceptance..." in the title if you are really anal; I know I was :) . Good luck everyone.

Do you know anyone has been accepted in March yet ???

Do you know anyone has been accepted in March yet ???

No, sorry, I haven't done any interviews in March but I haven't been told the class is full. Everyone: don't give up hope, it is not over until the interviews are over!

In case anyone was wondering, our Dean is MOST DEFINITELY in town. That may mean you will be getting that email today.

Good luck to those waiting.

called...the office lady said that the Dean hasn't return our files yet...more waiting ....ahhhhhhhh :)

there was only a few of us interviewed that week due to the snow storm but I don't know why it takes so long ....hopefully it's not a rejection letter. Do they send rejection via email 2 ???

i just got the acceptance email...the best day ever!!! Good luck everyone else!:luck: :luck: :luck:

i just got the acceptance email...the best day ever!!! Good luck everyone else!:luck: :luck: :luck:

congratulations...now it's time to relax and have fun.:thumbup:

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!! Congrats...getting in this year is a tough thing to do. You should be proud of yourself.
Class of 2011 is really going to be a sweet class. Not as cool as 2010 but close. ;) See you in the fall.
J

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!! Congrats...getting in this year is a tough thing to do. You should be proud of yourself.
Class of 2011 is really going to be a sweet class. Not as cool as 2010 but close. ;) See you in the fall.
J

thank you thank you jbone and pansit. i'm super happy right now! good luck everyone on the waitlist! :luck:

not as cool as 2010 but close

:laugh: let's wait and see j/k :laugh:

Congrats!!! I just paid my final deposit so hopefully I'll see you this fall!! :D

Thanks! I hope to see you this fall 2 :D My interviewer is so niceeeee...if I finally decide to attend DMU, part of it because of him. Anyway, just got an invite for interview from Touro, NV. What a happy day! I'll wait and see how it turn out. DMU is still on the very top though ...:)

I wouldn't waste your money to see touro-nv in person, i live down the street, you can get a good feel for the school checking them out on the web. I think their curriculum and clerkships are good, but as far as campus and medschool feel, I believe they are lacking.

Oh and congratulations!!!!, I will see you next year at DMU;)

I wouldn't waste your money to see touro-nv in person, i live down the street, you can get a good feel for the school checking them out on the web. I think their curriculum and clerkships are good, but as far as campus and medschool feel, I believe they are lacking.

so you don't like it at all??? I live like 3 hrs drive away...maybe just check it out to see...but....i don't think it can beat DMU just yet :D

Well, if you can drive then I thinks its worth a trip. Like I said before, they will have good clinicals, and a building in which you can obtain medical knowledge, but DMU's facilities are far (>>>>>>) better then Touro's.
But for a free meal I'd check it out.

Congrats to everyone on getting into DMU. I'm a 4th year DMU student and I love it. The campus is awesome, and then the clinical years give you a lot of freedom...actually I haven't been back to DMU since I took boards at the end of second year! Plus we have an awesome reputation.

Good luck to everone who is stil waiting to hear back!! Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer.

oh and tohotinvegas33, what do you do in vegas? I am actually in vegas now, I just finished a coule of rotations. One at UMC and the other at a clinic.

Oh and we haven't gotten the official match lists (AOA and ACGME) yet, but I know we had a lot of people get their top choices, and a lot were really impressive!!!

jenny

Congrats to everyone on getting into DMU. I'm a 4th year DMU student and I love it. The campus is awesome, and then the clinical years give you a lot of freedom...actually I haven't been back to DMU since I took boards at the end of second year! Plus we have an awesome reputation.

Good luck to everone who is stil waiting to hear back!! Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer.

oh and tohotinvegas33, what do you do in vegas? I am actually in vegas now, I just finished a coule of rotations. One at UMC and the other at a clinic.

Oh and we haven't gotten the official match lists (AOA and ACGME) yet, but I know we had a lot of people get their top choices, and a lot were really impressive!!!

jenny

Jenny,
could you please "share" with us some info when you get the official match list? thank you very much

I've been reading lots of posts saying things like "everyone who interviewed with me got on the alternate list." It seems like everyone who does get an interview at least gets on the alternate list.

Has anyone heard of someone getting an interview and then getting an actual rejection letter?

Also, I was on the alternate list last year (and this year again) but the only information they gave me was that I was "in the top half." Can they tell us a more specific rank number?

Lastly, does anyone know of anyone who was on the alternate list and then actually matriculated at DMU?

They will not specifically rank wait listers until May as has been their policy for some time now.

I do know of 3-4 people off the top of my head that were accepted off the waitlist last year so it does happen. To be realistic though, I would imagine that you would need to be in the top 10-20 to have any shot at admission this year. It has been a very tough application cycle & we have a ton of deposits already. Good luck.

1. After the list has been ranked, will the office inform us of an exact location on the list? Something more specific then "top half" ?

2. Does anyone ever get a rejection letter after their interview?

3. Is it possible to find out the reason(s) why I wasn't offered acceptance?

sincerely,
humbly bitter and angry in dsm

1. I believe so.

2. Absolutely

3. After the decision has been made it is a great idea to call the admissions office to have them look up the remarks on your file. Make sure you tell them to be brutally honest if you want to hear all the remarks w/out the sugar coating.

Krazy, I'll take your advice.
Thank you for being so active in this thread.

I interviewed on March 29th with a group of 12 or so applicants and i was wondering if anyone has heard anything yet. I know it is early but I am going crazy with anticipation.

We were told we were the second to last group to be interviewing for the 2011 class, is there anybody that interviewed with the last group? I was curious how many applicants were interviewed on the last day?

Any new news would be greatly appreciated!!!:D

Thanks

I interviewed on March 29th with a group of 12 or so applicants and i was wondering if anyone has heard anything yet. I know it is early but I am going crazy with anticipation.

We were told we were the second to last group to be interviewing for the 2011 class, is there anybody that interviewed with the last group? I was curious how many applicants were interviewed on the last day?

Any new news would be greatly appreciated!!!:D

Thanks

i callled the admissions office and she told me that the last interview people haven't been interviewed...it will be later this week.

I've been reading lots of posts saying things like "everyone who interviewed with me got on the alternate list." It seems like everyone who does get an interview at least gets on the alternate list.

Has anyone heard of someone getting an interview and then getting an actual rejection letter?

Also, I was on the alternate list last year (and this year again) but the only information they gave me was that I was "in the top half." Can they tell us a more specific rank number?

Lastly, does anyone know of anyone who was on the alternate list and then actually matriculated at DMU?

Yes.

I interviewed at DMU-COM back in October during the first week of interviewing, and I was rejected "straight-up", but I don't know the reason.

I thought highly of DMU and would recommend it to others, but I would not have chosen it over other acceptances.

my interviewer told me that the interview session at DMU is over. They're all done. I think they will start on the waitlist soon. Good luck to you Guju. :luck:

my interviewer told me that the interview session at DMU is over. They're all done. I think they will start on the waitlist soon. Good luck to you Guju. :luck:

what's your status at DMU? accepted/waitlisted/post-interview?

I already got accepted and very likely will be there this coming Fall!

Congrats to all those who got accepted...I did not, best of luck to you all next year.