Destroyer orgo 182

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hunterpostbacst

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Isn't the rxn going right when we remove C so that it affects the rate of this rxn?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oooops!! It's general chem, not orgo! I am sorry.
The question is

A+B->C
which of the follwing woudl not affect the rxn rate of this irreversible rxn?
1) dec A
b) Inc B
c) Add a catalyst
d)Removing C
e) Inc T

no solid, aq, gas states. Just as it is. I thought the rxn is going from left to right if we remove C and it changes the rate of the rxn. But, orgoman says not. Anyone?

Oooops!! It's general chem, not orgo! I am sorry.
The question is

A+B->C
which of the follwing woudl not affect the rxn rate of this irreversible rxn?
1) dec A
b) Inc B
c) Add a catalyst
d)Removing C
e) Inc T

no solid, aq, gas states. Just as it is. I thought the rxn is going from left to right if we remove C and it changes the rate of the rxn. But, orgoman says not. Anyone?

The forward reaction is bimolecular. any change in [A] or will modify rate. a catalyst would also change the rate of reaction. T usually increases rxn rate.

Remember that LeChat's principles of reaction equilibria deal with reversible reactions. In this case, any change in [C] will have no effect on the overall rxn rate because the reverse reaction, which is dependent on [C], does not occur. Irreversible is the key word.

yeah. the only way C would influence it is if there were double arrows. none such here!