Destroyer's Marketing in SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Johnfromny

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have purchased the destroyer and who have talked to the author/marketing person, did they encourage you to write in SDN about destroyer? Not that it is wrong to do so. I am just curious.

This question has nothing to do with whether the destroyer is helpful or not.

Please do not vote if you have not talked to them over the phone.

This is an anonymous poll.

Members don't see this ad.

i know one user who got the dat destroyer for free. every time the dat destroyer was mentioned on this site he praised it.

It seems like the only times Destroyer comes up anymore are when people want to hate on it, which forces people to jump to its defense. Maybe if people would just let it rest, the problem would go away.

Plus, what's the point of the poll. Every Destroyer hater that has never even seen the book, let alone talked to the author is going to say they were asked to pimp it. At least make the poll public to discourage this.

Members don't see this ad :)
The post right above mine is perfectly written. No one needs to publicize the Destroyer im sure its just peoples opinion and for one it truly did help me along with other resources to achieve my 20s in the sciences.

It seems like the only times Destroyer comes up anymore are when people want to hate on it, which forces people to jump to its defense. Maybe if people would just let it rest, the problem would go away.

Plus, what's the point of the poll. Every Destroyer hater that has never even seen the book, let alone talked to the author is going to say they were asked to pimp it. At least make the poll public to discourage this.

^^^ Agreed, and thanks for posting this. I've been searching previous posts and haven’t come across this much hate for Achiever/Topscore (when they came into the market) as there seems to be for the destroyer. These angry posts really make u question the motives behind some of these sdn msg board posters. Has the DAT-prep industry sunk so low that they can't stomach a new quality product? {Please view my previous posts and u will see that I’m not a marketer for Destroyer; I got the material last fall and it is truely the reasons why I can even contend with the competitive people that are currently applying to Dental school, and I just want to make sure future dedicated predents have the same advantage that I did --> by coming to it's defense when people are being pricks about it}

Im gonna go a head and call bull**** on this...

I know nancy really well and just purchased Orgo Odyssy, she mentioned nothing to me about sdn....

These polls are pretty silly and I think that people should stop bashing material. The Destroyer is a very comprehensive book and it is going to challenge you but it is worth it. The more study materials you use the better - so using Achiever, Topscore, and Kaplan as well as Destroyer would all be beneficial. I think its best to concentrate on actually studying and offering helpful hints rather than senselessly knocking material.:thumbdown:

Whoever is spending the time creating these polls:
A- get a life
B- whats your motive???
C- maybe instead of polling polling people, you should actually STUDY for the DAT.
D- if you're so intrested in polling people, maybe you should think about another profession (e.g., becoming a survey expert- they have a great program at hofstra (1800-HOFSTRA). LQQk into it.

i think even implying that the author would ask you to advertise is remarkable. Scores speak for themselves people!!! and SDN is set up to assist people in answering questions. So when people want to know what to use, there must be a reason destroyer comes up time and time again- because its simply the best. You can check out my other posts- i used several other study materials before using the destroyer... but destroyer really gives you that extra boost (with time and effort)

in all seriousness, get over the bashing of the destroyer, its childish and doesnt help anyone!

you should be studying and not making ******ed polls, ever think about that?!

i completely agree with you simsimma....whats really funny is those people that hate on the destroyer (even though they havent used it). If you guys stop hating on the destroyer, then people wont have to defend it. But as it has been made clear, the reason people are defending it is because its actually helped them! If you read all those posts by people who have taken the Dat, they all claim the destroyer was a great asset. Why would they lie about that, when they could just not say anything at all. I mean cmon people we arent in highschool anymore.

I think that the Destroyer gets more criticism then other programs because the creator is known to post here. Do you see Kaplan's owner posting here? How about Topscore? Or DAT Achiever? The fact that the creator has such a convenient route to ascertain "testimonials" makes it fishy at times. IT IS HUMAN NATURE to assume there might be some bias.

The way I look at it is nowadays you really cannot tell who is telling the truth. Whether destroyer is good or bad, whether topscore, achiever or Kaplan is good or bad. This is internet and you just have to rely on your own judgement and decide whether to buy or not to buy destroyer or anything else. You dont have to rely on the polls because they seem meaningless with no credibility. Bottom line is ask students in dental school and see what they used to prepare for the DAT rather than relying on internet polls. Do polls with students already in dental school then that would be more realistic.

You dont see the owners of topscore or kaplan coming on here braging about their product so why should any other company do it? I'm sure the product is great, but everyone has an opinion and different study habits at that.

i know one user who got the dat destroyer for free. every time the dat destroyer was mentioned on this site he praised it.
Looks like the Orgoman has been giving tons of Destroyers lately. j/k :)