Detroit - "Guest Housing International Center"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SJBX

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone stayed at the "Guest Housing International Center" while interviewing at Detroit Medical Center, Sinai-Grace, Children's Hospital of MI, (DMCHospitals). It is only $40/per night but if the place is crumbing and the kind of place filled with bed bugs, I'll stay somewhere else. Also, there is "adjacent" parking - Is this a safe place to leave my car? Sorry, I don't know much about the area at all. Thanks for any help and good luck with the interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

I've never stayed in the housing you mention above, however I have rotated at Sinai Grace/DMC and I highly doubt they would ever set you up with unsafe housing the night before an interview. The area the hospitals are located in are definitely not somewhere to walk your dog at night, but the hospitals have excellent security in the parking lots and all hospital grounds, so you really don't have to worry about that. Good luck on your interviews!

Hey!

I would recommend staying there because when Security took me to the Parking Garage, we dropped off some really down-to-earth people who were staying there while their loved one was in the hospital and they did not seem to mind it at all. It is a stone's throw from the hospital so you don't have to roam around the city. I highly recommend staying there otherwise you are going to have to drive if you stay anywhere else. But if you need suggestions, feel free to hit me up!

It is a pricy, but the Inn on Ferry Street is very nice. For a recent interview I stayed in a 4 1/2 star hotel found on hotwire, and the Inn on Ferry was nicer.