Detroit Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureNSXDent

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the "open house" from 1-2:15 PM is all the time needed for interview? Can the date be changed other than 11/3? And lastly, has anyone gone to it that can comment on this "unique" form of interview?

Thanks!

NSXDent

Members don't see this ad.

i also received a post card from detroit for an open house. is that the interview invitation b/c i thought it wasn't.

someone please let me know b/c i wasn't planning on going to the open house!

thanks!

are not interviews! Nova, we have our Dental School Open House on Sunday, October 27th. This is an event for Pre-dental students and their family to find out more about that particular school of interest. Have their admissions questions answered or addressed, see the facilities, and meet the important dental school personals.

DO NOT confuse this as an interview invitation!

Members don't see this ad :)
So if we received invitation for open house at Detroit, can we assume that we will also receive the interview as well?

NSXDEnt

OPEN HOUSE postcard = come check out our school

INTERVIEW INVITATION = come so we (admissions committee) can check you out

OPEN HOUSE postcard does not equal an INTERVIEW INVITATION

Receiving an OPEN HOUSE postcard does not guarantee that you'll receive an INTERVIEW INVITATION in the future

It's like this, you go to McDonald's to eat (OPEN HOUSE), you're not there to apply for a job (INTERVIEW INVITATION).

Hope I cleared things up.....sorry to bust your bubble, but an OPEN HOUSE is just invite for you to visit the school. People that attends OPEN HOUSES includes high school seniors, college students, family members, people that applied to AADSAS or anyone that is interested in applying to that dental school.

Why did you receive a OPEN HOUSE postcard?

A: the dental school received your name and contact information from the AADSAS application and the school feel that since you've applied to them, you're interested in them. So they send you an OPEN HOUSE postcard saying come and check us out!

:cool:

The open house is for everyone. This means freshpersons in college who are not yet even ready to apply to dental school. I do know that invitations to the open house and the letter for an interview are sent out on the same day. Maybe you got one before the other.

My interview at Detroit is tomorrow morning. I'll post tomorrow afternoon and let you know all about it. I believe I will be meeting with only one person. All interview date are set up individually. I don't think that Detroit has set days to schedule interviews. It is kinda unorganized. Well, I guess I'll just let you know tomorrow.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion Yah-E. I hope I get my interview soon, i've only received the open house invitation...

NSXDent