Detroit mercy vs Midwestern AZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dia rashid

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone im from Fl Tampa. Please help me decide.
My main considerations are
1-cost
2-being close to family (FL, IL)
3-surrounding culture

I have scholarships.
$20k/4yrs MWU AZ
$40k/4yrs UDM

I appreciate you!!
 
Hello everyone im from Fl Tampa. Please help me decide.
My main considerations are
1-cost
2-being close to family (FL, IL)
3-surrounding culture

I have scholarships.
$20k/4yrs MWU AZ
$40k/4yrs UDM

I appreciate you!!
what are the total costs of attendance including the scholarships to both?
where do you want to practice in the future?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
160k is a lot of debt. MWU does have a great clinical reputation, but it's not worth 600k IMHO. I would go to UDM, they do also have a great clinical education, it's just the location which isn't ideal. But I wouldn't sacrifice 160k to go to a better location. 4 years blaze by faster than you think.
 
160k is a lot of debt. MWU does have a great clinical reputation, but it's not worth 600k IMHO. I would go to UDM, they do also have a great clinical education, it's just the location which isn't ideal. But I wouldn't sacrifice 160k to go to a better location. 4 years blaze by faster than you think.
another way to think of it is that it is over 33% more expensive to go to MW-AZ
that's 33%+interest longer to achieve financial independence...
 
I’ve heard great things about midwestern, but I think that’s too much debt and would choose the cheaper option