Diabetics in med school and residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

billydoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Another one from me :D
Do you know someone (i.e a classmate, or a friend,resident etc) getting through med school, and most importanly internship :eek: :rolleyes: and residency with typ 2 (NIDDM)? Though I'm usually well- controlled (lots and lots of physical exr and diet), but under such stress and long qrazy hours it usually decompensates, and I aint getting any younger :rolleyes: This may not be a question for a public forum, but if you have some info, or G-d forbid first-hand exp please send a pm :) .
Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

you'll be fine, you just have to make sure you put your health first and take good care of yourself...i know an R3 who is insulin dependent diabetic, so if he can do it you can too!!!

well I don't know what your excercise/ diet schedule is now, but it may have to be cut down or adapted in order to allow you to keep up. Certainly the first two years are depend on how well you want to do. You may want to talk to your doctor about it and perhaps think about how bad it would be if you had to start taking a small dose of glucophage later on. It all depends on how you want to live your life.