diagnose me fellow students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilmo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sooooooo. i think i'm getting sick, blech. here are my symptoms: no energy, coughing a bit, hard to draw a deep breath. nothign really to complain about so far, but i think the worst is yet to come. how can i stop this sickness before it takes over?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can try some homeopathic or herbal remedies. Zinc lozenges, golden seal, echinacea, or that nose spray that is supposed to shorten the duration. Doesn't sound bacterial, probably viral--drink lots of fluids (orange juice).

For christs sake, have you ever had a cold before....

Amazing...

-tension pnuemnothorax

-arotic dissection

-CHF

-early adenocarcinoma

-or cold/URI, possibly secondary to the stress of being a MS1 :D

Get better soon Mo!

Dave

p.s.... my rx: sexual healing

lilmo said:

Don't worry, I had that earlier this year and I got it taken care of at student health (erythromycin + guiafen + epinephrine + singular to control bronchiospasm). The leader of my mandatory section wouldn't even excuse me, even after I was diagnosed, so I still hope I made nobody else sick!

Down's syndrome

maybe its a tumor?

"Its not a tumor"
-governator

Kluver-Bucy syndrome.

Seriously, though: if you're sick, see a doctor. If you're a med student, you don't have all that much time to be really sick. My MS1 year I had a bad cold, and by the time I was totally better I had suffered through conjuctivitis + sinusitis + bronchitis + pneumonia. At least I know what an expiratory wheeze sounds like.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes i have had a cold before. just thought someone might have a nice little tip to make it go away before it starts to interfere with my stressful/hectic school life. for real though, some of the comments so far have been helpful, some have been funny, and some of you are just plain dinguses. i hope medical school teaches you how to be nice before you start seeing actual patients.

got another one...

A Zebra!!! It was a Zebra wasn't it!?!?

big lymph nodes or spleen? R/o mono. I missed about a month of med school my second year because neither my doctor nor i caught it in time. it was HELL to catch up. watch it dude. good luck.

Tuberculosis

I bet you've got some great caseous necrosis going on in those lungs right now. Cheeeeeeeese!!!! Now I'm hungry!

wends said:
thats mean :mad: :thumbdown:

That's not mean. Fetal alcohol syndrome and prenatal heroin addiction -- that's mean.

I once thought I had mono for a whole year. Then I realized I was just really bored.

Dancing Nancie said:
I once thought I had mono for a whole year. Then I realized I was just really bored.

Wayne's World.....nobody slips a movie quote by me!!!

you have bronchitis...probably viral. get some chicken soup for god's sake