Did AMCAS release all yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

r2med

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is sad that AMCAS does not have a place to notate "Sent to School" once they actually send it (TMDSAS has this feature).

I would have expected a lot more secondaries to have come in based on schools that send to all applicants. But I got only 4. Is it due to the weekend or because AMCAS has not yet released all? Guess we will need to wait and see?

Members don't see this ad.

AMCAS said they would begin transmitting to schools yesterday so my guess is that everyone that was verified before yesterday has been sent to each school on their list (and then every business day thereafter as more apps are verified).

Secondary invitations are school dependent. . . even if every applicant gets one. They may not be ready to send them out or they may be staggering them to control their work flow. It's going to be a long cycle, be patient.

Reactions: 1 users
It is sad that AMCAS does not have a place to notate "Sent to School" once they actually send it (TMDSAS has this feature).

I would have expected a lot more secondaries to have come in based on schools that send to all applicants. But I got only 4. Is it due to the weekend or because AMCAS has not yet released all? Guess we will need to wait and see?
I was surprised by this, also. I only received 4 secondaries and my school list is comprised of many no-screening schools. I assume delays are likely related to a. weekend, b. covid, or c. an AMCAS plot to make us even more anxious during an already stressful application season o_O.

Members don't see this ad :)

I wonder how many thousands of apps flooded the schools yesterday. Even for the schools that don't screen, it's a logistics issue.
For the ones that do screen, someone has to read your primary :)

I'm in the same boat. Received 4, so take the weekend, breath and kick-ass on those secondaries, so when more come, you will be ready. Rinse-and-repeat!

Reactions: 1 user

My secondaries came in over about 3 weeks and only one school screened. It just takes some time to get all the portals set up and the information sent out.

Reactions: 1 user