Will I be invited to an interview without all my transcripts submitted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Luckyduckcoin

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am thinking of taking an art class and 2 more classes to boost my gpa one last time. But I don’t want it to hinder my chances of getting a medical school interview. I’m not sure if medical schools require that they receive all my transcripts before they invite me for an interview?
 
Welcome to the forums.

I don't think you understand the process completely. You are required to send your transcripts to the central application service (AMCAS). AMCAS will verify your transcript and send your application to the schools. Then the schools will review your application to consider for interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am thinking of taking an art class and 2 more classes to boost my gpa one last time. But I don’t want it to hinder my chances of getting a medical school interview. I’m not sure if medical schools require that they receive all my transcripts before they invite me for an interview?
Your GPAs won’t change after your primary application has been verified. So taking additional classes is okay but they won’t count in your GPA. And they won’t prevent you from receiving interviews.