Did anybody keep their orgo book for pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

volleychica

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if I should get rid of my organic book. I used it for my first semester of organic, but didn't really need it for the second semester because of all the material my professor provided. I am wondering if I should keep it as a reference for pharmacy school. Maybe for biochem. Anyway, did anyone find it useful or should I just get rid of it?

Thanks for any response.
 
I was wondering if I should get rid of my organic book. I used it for my first semester of organic, but didn't really need it for the second semester because of all the material my professor provided. I am wondering if I should keep it as a reference for pharmacy school. Maybe for biochem. Anyway, did anyone find it useful or should I just get rid of it?

Thanks for any response.

I still have my 20 year old O-Chem books on my bookshelf in the office.
It's a good looking book. And my b-chem...and p-chem..and g-chem. Dang..I took a lot of chem.😱
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You shouldn't need it. All of the material you will need will be provided by your teachers. I would sell it now and buy some nice shoes.:hardy:
 
I kept my organic chem book, but sold my general chem book. I didn't use my orgo book the first year, but I think it might come in handy for the 2nd year when I take medicinal chemistry.
 
I have used my orgo book and general chem book in biochem and med chem! So I would keep them 🙂
 
Do you take good notes? Are you keeping your exams and quizzes? If so, then you don't really need your textbook. I kept most of my textbooks, except the general sciences. They're good references to go back to.
 
No, because the particular week of book buy backs, I needed to get my nails done. And I happened to make 90 bucks off that thing.
 
Kept my orgo book...did not open it once...passed Med Chem with flying colors! 🙂
 
I did... In fact, I kept all my chemistry books. They are sitting somewhere in my parents' house. I knew I was getting really paranoid about NAPLEX when I opened my Organic AND my general chemistry books to review some obscure concepts when I haven't touched them for years and years. 😀
 
I was wondering if I should get rid of my organic book. I used it for my first semester of organic, but didn't really need it for the second semester because of all the material my professor provided. I am wondering if I should keep it as a reference for pharmacy school. Maybe for biochem. Anyway, did anyone find it useful or should I just get rid of it?

Thanks for any response.

Hey B! I didn't buy an Orgo book. Was it helpful?

P.S. I ran into a STP 2PD this weekend...she's selling me all of her books. :meanie: