Did anyone else feel overwhelmed when they first came across SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrownianMotion

Einstein's Simple Diffusion
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I did when i found this site several years ago, i never thought Id be on top of checkin all related threads daily...

Last year after checking my email I would always go to Facebook, now its email then SDN, my new addiction...

Members don't see this ad.

I know I did when i found this site several years ago, i never thought Id be on top of checkin all related threads daily...

Last year after checking my email I would always go to Facebook, now its email then SDN, my new addiction...

Once in a while it is overwhelming, particularly when the first page is full of threads regarding interviews, secondaries and mcat/gpa questions. If I didn't know better than to ignore SDN for a few days I would go insane, and start believing the insane rumors that you need a 4.0/40 MCAT to be safe anywhere, and that if secondaries aren't turned in within 2 weeks you won't receive an interview, and that adcoms check facebook and SDN, and that URMs are taking my spot in medical school....crazy, crazy people. :laugh:

Actually I find it quite underwhelming. A bit amusing. But beyond that its like one big giant pot of crazy, which isn't too hard to not let get to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I came and found what I expected. A lot of highly qualified students that makes me feel very very bad about my application. Then I close IE and think happy thoughts.

You're a forum junkie. Do you know how many forums I check a day? 4

While I'm checking one set of threads, other threads on other forums get responded to and its an endless cycle

Sdm need chat