did anyone else not finish the PS or VR section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quetzal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
or was it just me? i feel like i guessed on two-three pssgs in the ps section and one pssg in the vr section!

Members don't see this ad.

I've always taken tests quickly, and I had been finishing practice test sections 10-15 minutes early.

But for the real thing, I only finished like 1 minute early for each section, and I was pushing it on PS... probably b/c I was thinking "omg it's the real thing! I have to be extra careful!" at the beginning.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, guessed 1 passage for PS and 1.5 passages for VR.

Now would be a great time to hear about some stories of people who guessed an entire passage or two and still got 10+ on sections :)

yep, I had form CS. Basically, I had to guess on appx 10 questions in PS section.(including one that i left out accidentally...oops) On the BS section, I had to guess on like two questions, and on verbal, I guessed on three questions. I am nervous about this...

guess i'll find out the results tomorrow night.

SensesFail said:
Yup, guessed 1 passage for PS and 1.5 passages for VR.

Now would be a great time to hear about some stories of people who guessed an entire passage or two and still got 10+ on sections :)
Hey not that I did spectacular...but on PS I felt like I guessed on about half of the ones I actually tried on and I also had to guess on an entire passage and still made a 10. I finished with verbal and made an 8. It seems so random on how they score it because I can be sure that I didnt answer enough right based on practice PS tests to make a 10. Im sure you did better than you think. Good Luck.

CoffeeCat said:
2 passages PS and I felt like I guessed on most of the rest... :eek:

can all of you guys be clear when you say guess... do you mean you looked at the question and guessed what you thought was the answer....OR you didn't even get to read and/or think about the answer and just marked an answer..there's a big difference..at least for me...sooo please let me know what you guys meant.. i guessed for like 10-15 without looking at the question! im so down at the moment..

shaggy411 said:
can all of you guys be clear when you say guess... do you mean you looked at the question and guessed what you thought was the answer....OR you didn't even get to read and/or think about the answer and just marked an answer..there's a big difference..at least for me...sooo please let me know what you guys meant.. i guessed for like 10-15 without looking at the question! im so down at the moment..

You'll find out tomorrow! Don't be so down!

hopeful_dr said:
You'll find out tomorrow! Don't be so down!

that is why i am down.i know i didn't do good if i guessed without looking at 10 questions AND i know i got other questions wrong...any suggestions if i dno't get in.. i graduated in june 05..and do not feel like re applying next year so that i have two years off...which is two years no income..

should i go to the carribeans: AUC ross, st. george..........at least that way 1-2 eyars wouldn't be wasted.. and if i go to auc this jan i can match as if i went to med school in fall 05...

Well, even if you end up doing bad, it's not the end of the world. Med schools look at the whole package, not just MCAT scores.

I guess it just depends on your circumstance. If you truly feel you don't have a chance at all of getting in (i.e. poor GPA, low MCAT, nothing stellar extracurricularly), then consider Carribean, but those schools should definetly be used as a last resort option.

Other options if you don't get in this year:

Grad School,
D.O. Schools,
Travel/Volunteer Abroad

And to answer your initial question, I meant "guess" as in blindly bubble in all C's because I didn't get to the passage. It's waaay too late to do anything about it now, guess we'll all find out in ~30 hours! Best of luck :luck:

Didnt finish any of the 3 sections...but all if not lost keep faith and hope for best! :)

During the PS section of my test there was a car crash directly behind the test center...followed two minutes later by sirens and that whole thing...It also just so happened to be the day of the air and water show, so we had screeching jets flying overhead throughout the entire day. It was a lovely cacophony of music...I wouldn't have traded it for anything....Naturally I didn't finish PS...especially with that question that had a microwave lookin thing in it...?? haha?!?

shaggy411 said:
that is why i am down.i know i didn't do good if i guessed without looking at 10 questions AND i know i got other questions wrong...any suggestions if i dno't get in.. i graduated in june 05..and do not feel like re applying next year so that i have two years off...which is two years no income..

should i go to the carribeans: AUC ross, st. george..........at least that way 1-2 eyars wouldn't be wasted.. and if i go to auc this jan i can match as if i went to med school in fall 05...

Don't be too down. Just one more day. I didn't finish a single section (but always finished with at least 10 mins to spare when i did the practise tests go figure). I managed to bubble (as in not even look at the questions) the last ones in VR and BS but the proctor grabbed my test before i could bubble the last 8 in PS so that's definately 8 questions wrong in PS not to mention the ones i actually guessed on :D . What can ya do right? Figure out what went wrong if you bomed it (like I am sure I did) and take it again.
If you want to go to the Caribbean, go for it but what is one year compared to all the years of yr. career as a doc? I don't think time should be a factor. I was depressed thinking I am gonna be doing this for another year and it is gonna suck knowing my friends are two years ahead of me in med-school (I matriculated in spring so had to stay one more semester than those in my science classes) but none of that really matters if you take a bird's eye view of everything. That being said if you want to be in med school this time next year and Caribbean is your only option, I have a few friends who are in St. George's and a couple that are going and I have lived in Grenada for a few months and been on campus and it is not bad at all. Look at their match lists when you decide. Also, a guy I thought was an idiot in my cell bio class (he wanted to know what is the point of studying cells as a bio major and didn't even know the purpose of the Krebs cycle after studying it for two weeks) got into Ross without MCATS so I would not recommend Ross to anyone. But who knows? I think it all depends more on the student than the school. :)

pcohen said:
Don't be too down. Just one more day. I didn't finish a single section (but always finished with at least 10 mins to spare when i did the practise tests go figure). I managed to bubble (as in not even look at the questions) the last ones in VR and BS but the proctor grabbed my test before i could bubble the last 8 in PS so that's definately 8 questions wrong in PS not to mention the ones i actually guessed on :D . What can ya do right? Figure out what went wrong if you bomed it (like I am sure I did) and take it again.
If you want to go to the Caribbean, go for it but what is one year compared to all the years of yr. career as a doc? I don't think time should be a factor. I was depressed thinking I am gonna be doing this for another year and it is gonna suck knowing my friends are two years ahead of me in med-school (I matriculated in spring so had to stay one more semester than those in my science classes) but none of that really matters if you take a bird's eye view of everything. That being said if you want to be in med school this time next year and Caribbean is your only option, I have a few friends who are in St. George's and a couple that are going and I have lived in Grenada for a few months and been on campus and it is not bad at all. Look at their match lists when you decide. Also, a guy I thought was an idiot in my cell bio class (he wanted to know what is the point of studying cells as a bio major and didn't even know the purpose of the Krebs cycle after studying it for two weeks) got into Ross without MCATS so I would not recommend Ross to anyone. But who knows? I think it all depends more on the student than the school. :)

Hey, that's the way to look at things. I'm in the same boat as you. Tried my best on this test and I'm most certain I have to take it over. But learn from my mistakes and murder the next one. Good luck everyone!

I'm in the same boat as you guys... but I have reiterate what someone just posted... adcoms look at the whole person (well I'm pretty sure they do) because I received an interview with a crappy score (below a 26).... and it was very surprising... I honestly think that they look at your Personal statement, ECs, GPA, and then they decide whether you're competent through the interview process...

Now I suggest that we all relax... tomorrow will hold a new day for all of us...
Good luck to everyone...

5 questions on PS, 2 passages on VR, and 3 questions on BS.
I usually finish PS, finish 8-9 passages for VR, and finish BS way faster than the time limit. :mad: :mad: :mad:
I so wanted to stop taking the test, but then I already went through cancellation one time... So I forced myself to take the whole test....
o and for WS, I didn't even know what I was writing...
o god o god... :scared: :scared: :scared:

august 2005 MCAT form DL

had to bubble in 10 answers with 2 minutes ago. looked at the unanswered questions on the balloon question and bubbled in 5 answers or so with 1 minute to go. Not a way to live but managed a 10 on PS. Please people do NOT take practice exams and give yourself extra time. payback will come on real deal.

HunterGatherer said:
august 2005 MCAT form DL

had to bubble in 10 answers with 2 minutes ago. looked at the unanswered questions on the balloon question and bubbled in 5 answers or so with 1 minute to go. Not a way to live but managed a 10 on PS. Please people do NOT take practice exams and give yourself extra time. payback will come on real deal.

How did all of you that didn't finish your sections do? after seeing the results...good i hope.. i did alright.. :oops:

In April, I guessed 8 questions on PS (ran out of time) and 5 questions (out of time) on Verbal, 0 questions on BS.

Guessed 1.5 passages on verbal. One of them was a 10 question passage and I guessed 4 questions for another. I ended up with an 8 and I wish I had timed the section much better than I had because I am very happy with scores on my other sections. Then again, I was expecting a 6 so I should be satisfied with what I got.