Did anyone else see this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noyac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Independent practice: Nurse practitioners respond

I found this to be an interesting article. I have always wondered why the legitimate midlevels haven’t revolted more when it comes to online degrees. It just makes the entire group of them look so bad. Not to mention when they get out in the real world they are dangerous and then tarnish their own profession.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
In my short time in medicine I've seen some "shady" at best practices that make me wonder how it's even considered training. Money's changing hands and 8 hour shifts are recorded as 12, sometimes worse. These online schools make the student maintain electronic journals, basically SOAPs on the patients they see, but they enter mine, the student next to me, and there's a few patients fabricated in between. This "fudging" the record appears to be the norm and not the exception from what I've observed.

I liked the part where the nurse wrote that someday we will be the ones in that acute care bed.
This is why I fight independent CRNA practice so hard. It has zero to do with money or job security to me and everything to do with me or my loved ones being cared for by a practitioner without adequate training practicing without supervision of an anesthesiologist.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users