Did anyone find COMPLEX Kaplan review to be helpful?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hardknox20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our school provides the second years with Kaplan COMPLEX level 1 review books along with two weekends of lectures. I did well on my MCAT after taking a Kaplan lecture course so I would like to devote a lot of time into these books. Only problem is that in the preface of the review books, it says the books alone will not be enough to get ready for the exam. So I was just wondering if anyone had used these books to get ready and what you thought after the exam.

Members don't see this ad.

Our school provides the second years with Kaplan COMPLEX level 1 review books along with two weekends of lectures. I did well on my MCAT after taking a Kaplan lecture course so I would like to devote a lot of time into these books. Only problem is that in the preface of the review books, it says the books alone will not be enough to get ready for the exam. So I was just wondering if anyone had used these books to get ready and what you thought after the exam.

I'd guess the books need to be used in conjunction to Kaplan videos available online.

The Kaplan COMLEX review books, especially in conjunction with the lectures (either live or online), are sufficient for most people. However, if you are extremely weak in a particular subject you should supplement the material for that area with something more comprehensive, since our books are always designed for reviewing, not for initial learning of a subject.

I am assuming you mean COMLEX... I used it for some of my Step I preparation and it was okay. I liked the pharmacology most.