Did anyone get a call from UMDNJSOM today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fenrez

AT Stills worst nightmare
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't.

I'm just wondering if some people were told of their acceptances over the phone or if all decisions will be through the mail.

Members don't see this ad.

Fen,

No I didn't get a phone call, either. I want to shed some light on what I think. Keep in mind this is just my own theory.

When I was waitlisted at that school last year, they did not call me, nor did they tell me the decision over the phone. They referred me to a letter being in the mail. So my thought is that they won't give waitlist or rejections over the phone. I'm not sure why.

Second, it seems people did in fact call this application cycle and were told of their acceptance over the phone. So why weren't we told?

Okay... Here is my theory. My guess is that they called everyone who was accepted, yesterday. It just so happens they are not members of the SDN. And since they know everyone who they accepted was already contacted yesterday, they are accepting no calls today to give decisions over the phone... Why? Because the only thing left are waitlist and/or rejections.

Maybe I am being pessimistic... I don't know... I am still hoping for the best. I just feel that we are in a similar situation, and I wanted to shed some light. Maybe if things don't go the way we want, your hopes won't already have been too high. I am just going to remain cautiously optimistic with the hope that my theory is wrong.

WUAS,

I really hope that's not the case. You have been really helpful to me and others applying this year. I really hope that you're wrong and you get some good news in the mail!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
I wouldn't worry yet. Did they explain the point system which they use to determine if you're acceptable or not??? If you were waitlisted last year, you were considered 'acceptable' and probably are this year as well.
I think they still need to fill about 25% of the class. If you understand the selection points you can gauge your chances.
Most likely, any applicant interviewing after you has lower points than you. No offense to anybody, but (usually) the better you look on the paper application the earlier you interview. Of course there are exceptions...late app...rescheduling..
Your chances are still good at 25%. Many people are still holding onto their acceptance with little intention of going here. Basically, what I'm trying to say is don't worry.

:)

I appreciate the kind words Smedley. I enjoy being helpful USS, and that will not change regardless of the decision. I will continue to be very happy to help answer questions and share what information I have.

I choose to believe in people, and I try to find goodness in everything and everyone. If I am waitlisted again, I'll hold my head up high and I'll push on.

Speaking of which... Have you all checked the Court at Clementon? They don't look bad from the exterior. The area looks okay, and I imagine their location would make them reasonably priced. They are about 8-10 minutes from the campus.