Did anyone on here have trouble staying concentrated for MCAT practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alakazam123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used to be able to sit through the sections. Now I can hardly focus for 15 minutes and don't get anything done. This is a similar problem with my coursework...

Are there any others out there who have this issue? If so, what techniques did you guys use to overcome it?

Members don't see this ad.

If you used to be able to do it and now you can't, it sounds like you're burnt out. Don't do too many practice tests in a short period of time-- take at least a day (preferably more) between them to look over your mistakes and practice your weak areas. Then you'll feel more confident and more driven when you take your next FL.

Reactions: 2 users
If you used to be able to do it and now you can't, it sounds like you're burnt out. Don't do too many practice tests in a short period of time-- take at least a day (preferably more) between them to look over your mistakes and practice your weak areas. Then you'll feel more confident and more driven when you take your next FL.

My biggest thing is that I am trying to balance this all with my studying for my classes. So, I'm unable to prioritize and allocate study blocks for each one....I wonder how people do that.

My biggest thing is that I am trying to balance this all with my studying for my classes. So, I'm unable to prioritize and allocate study blocks for each one....I wonder how people do that.

I think you answered your own questions: "prioritize and allocate study blocks for each one" also take some break and find some study buddies.

Reactions: 1 user

Check lists. Literally, check lists. You can either do it old school with a notebook or paper, or you can get one of those apps. Things that need to get done today. Things that need to get done in the next 48-72 hours. Things that need to get done this week. etc. The MCAT is obviously more important than any of your individual tests, but your grades in your classes are equally important and depend on those individual grades. So on weeks where you have an exam, the days leading up to those exams, you will have to prioritize studying versus MCAT prep. Otherwise, you pick things that are higher priority for MCAT prep (e.g., topics that are high yield that you aren't great on) and make sure you get plenty of time for those, while putting in some time to keep up with your courses.

Reactions: 2 users