Did anyone only submit their DAT scores for the 09-10 cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rb4hu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am just curious to see if anyone submitted only DAT scores during this cycle and what their luck was!

Members don't see this ad.

Won't have any luck applying to Scholl with only DAT's.
Not sure about the other colleges.
GL!

Hi, I am just curious to see if anyone submitted only DAT scores during this cycle and what their luck was!

If you are trying to get into Podiatry school with a DAT score the only place that will accept it is Temple.

But if you want to confirm you might want to check each Podiatric medical school's website...but im pretty sure Temple is the only school that accepts it now.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are trying to get into Podiatry school with a DAT score the only place that will accept it is Temple.

But if you want to confirm you might want to check each Podiatric medical school's website...but im pretty sure Temple is the only school that accepts it now.

I would personally call every school to find out what their policy is for DAT scores. I'm a first year student at Temple who got in with a DAT score. I was accepted at 2 other schools last year and was waitlisted at another. but it could be different this year. Good luck.

Barry accepts DAT

I would personally call every school to find out what their policy is for DAT scores. I'm a first year student at Temple who got in with a DAT score. I was accepted at 2 other schools last year and was waitlisted at another. but it could be different this year. Good luck.

Hey, I'm curious what is considered a competitive DAT score for podiatry school. What is average for matriculating students?

Hey, I'm curious what is considered a competitive DAT score for podiatry school. What is average for matriculating students?

It appears Temple and Barry are the only podiatric medical schools that accept DAT...so those are the only two schools you could get into for podiatry.

at a recent APMA/pod school meeting it was said that only 3 schools have a firm DAT policy. This came from a VERY knowledgable source. While some schools may not explicitly advertise that they accept DAT, some will accept it.

Applied to NYCPM, Barry, and Temple with DAT scores. Received interviews to NYCPM and Temple a week later.

This will be the last cycle that NYCPM accept DAT scores, at least that is what the person at admissions told me.

^ yeah i heard the same thing from a kid who got accepted last cycle lol. I will b the class of 2015 or 16. So still have 1-2 cycle left to apply. I hope they take my DAT score b.c ill be taking Dats first. Don't wanna take Mcats.

According to their website":
All candidates must have taken the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) during the year that they are applying or within the prior three years, and have achieved competitive scores. The Dental Admissions Test (DAT) may be accepted in select cases. Please consult with the Office of Admissions prior to applying with DAT scores.

Last year was supposed to be NYCPM's last year for DATs. For some reason, they are still taking it this year. I wouldn't bank on them taking the DAT for the 2010/2011 cycle.

If you want to go to medical school, take the medical college admissions test.

I also applied to NYCPM, Temple, and Barry with only my DAT scores. I received interview invites from NYCPM and Temple within 4 days of having my gpa verified. Still haven't heard from Barry.

Last year was supposed to be NYCPM's last year for DATs. For some reason, they are still taking it this year. I wouldn't bank on them taking the DAT for the 2010/2011 cycle.

If you want to go to medical school, take the medical college admissions test.

If you want to go to podiatric "medical" school, you have the option of taking the DAT, MCAT, or GRE.

Sadly enough, Temple still accepts GRE.

applied to Barry NYCPM and Temple with DAT..... got interviews with all three.......got accepted to NYCPM and Temple and waiting on Barry