did anyone share my pain with form CN----lot of questions---that please need answerin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RNtoDO

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
well i usually feel pretty good after taking my practice tests. I have been getting around a 27 on the MCAT practice-R tests. someone told me they were old mcats, but i felt all of my practice tests did not even compare to the real thing. I felt Verbal was probably my best section, it was like a lot of verbal sections i have encountered. But WHOA-----physical sciences seemed like a 2nd semester physics review. Biology is usually easy, but where the hell did they get this biology section. The genetics question was very in depth i thought about drosophilla.

My question is does each test letters have a seperate scale???? Or do all people with from C have the same scale???????

Can anyone who has gone through this in the past say if they left the test thinking they got nothing right and got back good scores after the scaling?????

I am so confused----just don't even know what to think about that test,,,, I finished every section but if i finished them wrong whats that---its crap!

What is the scale like on these tests????? Do they go along with the same numbers on the mcat site about how they are scored????

example, Is a 38-40 out of 60 in verbal a 9 or a 10 every time or do the scales vary dramatically with every test given??????

When you get your scores back, do you get a breakdown of all sections and how many you got right along with the adjusted scale so you can see where you stood???????

And finally, how long does it actually take to get your scores------can you expect them in 6 weeks or is it definately 2 months of waiting??????

well i would appreciate any answers you could give
peace out and good luck on finals

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should relax most of us feel that way, from experience what I can tell you is that the whole thing is curved based on the form you had, remember although some forms may have different letters, they just arrange the passages differently and have the exact same questions. I remember last time I took the MCAT I thought the PS section was very easy and my friend who had a different form thought that it was very hard and that he bombed it (the exact opposite this time). 2 months later in early-mid june we found out that we both got the same score. What happened is that he simply got a better curve than me. Not only that I know of at least 2 other people who didn't even have enough time to buble in random answers and they still got 11s on their PS and BS section, so it all goes to show you that it's all relative, so stop worrying, what's done is done, we should all find out by early-mid june. ;)

I also felt the same way about CN, The physics was fair, hopefully, the verbal was moderate, but the bio got to me. I spent sooo much time studying the body systems, and completely lacked on the molecular. The passages were long and confusing, hopefully I hope alot of people thought it was hard so we get a nice curve...